X Factor

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Gold member
Default X Factor

Has anybody been watching this show ? What do you think ?

I, personally, didn't like the time that the judges had the lowest 2 vote getters for the week sing for their lives and then the judges decide who stayed. They need to just do it the way Idol did it and have the lowest vote getter go home. I also didn't like te groups category. I don't think that category will ever be able to win in the US. Some of their production is over the top but they really did have some great performers. Tonight is the finale. I hope the girl from Florida wins.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 PM

I am sorry to say I have been watching this show but no way will I watch another season of it. Where do I start? I hated the episodes at the judge's homes where they were supposedly singing outside but in fact they were obviously lip synching over a studio recording. I hated all the back-up singers and dancers with big productions that were way overdone- I just want to be able to hear the contestant! Speaking of hearing- it was also annoying that the audience never shuts up for one minute- just continuous noise that makes it difficult to hear or enjoy the singers. I found the interaction between the judges about their individual mentees to be awful and the host to be nowhere near as fun as Ryan Seacrest! I can't wait for American Idol to start as they do it right!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:13 PM

I believe Melanie will win - and should - she has a phenomenal voice. That said, I'm kinda rooting for Josh. Melanie will be a major star - she has that Mariah Carey thing going - but Josh has an old-soul voice and seems like such a genuinely nice guy.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
I am sorry to say I have been watching this show but no way will I watch another season of it. Where do I start? I hated the episodes at the judge's homes where they were supposedly singing outside but in fact they were obviously lip synching over a studio recording. I hated all the back-up singers and dancers with big productions that were way overdone- I just want to be able to hear the contestant! Speaking of hearing- it was also annoying that the audience never shuts up for one minute- just continuous noise that makes it difficult to hear or enjoy the singers. I found the interaction between the judges about their individual mentees to be awful and the host to be nowhere near as fun as Ryan Seacrest! I can't wait for American Idol to start as they do it right!
ditto......

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
I believe Melanie will win - and should - she has a phenomenal voice. That said, I'm kinda rooting for Josh. Melanie will be a major star - she has that Mariah Carey thing going - but Josh has an old-soul voice and seems like such a genuinely nice guy.
she did~
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Platinum member

Didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Idol. The histrionics shown by the female judges looked so contrived. Other than the top two the talent really didn't seem extraordinary. And way too theatrical and showy. I like a simpler format.
The right performer won.

That which does not destroy you, makes you stronger- Nietzsche
Old 12-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down

X Factor was basically "The Lousy Talent Show". I have a difficult time understanding how the judges chose the acts they did. Except for Melanie there was none that was worthy of winning such a big prize. If their choices were the best out of the 100s of thousands of acts that tried out for this show they need to kick these judges to the curb and start over. That won't happen since Simon thinks he knows how to produce a blockbuster of a talent show. I was bored and disappointed and the final show last night just catered to the young hip-hop generation. The only thing good about the evening was that the right act won. I agree that the host was as lousy as the talent was. He did nothing to build any excitement in this show and seemed as cold as ice. The whole thing was just a big dud.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Sage

I am glad Melanie Amaro won as she has a phenomienal voice.

The X-Factor had some facets to the show that I liked and some I didn't.
Too much histrionics/commercials and not enough performances to suit me. I would have to have a really great singing voice to keep me interested re Melanie. Pretty much try to watch only her perormances.

I thought Josh's last performance was really good with his version of "At Last".

Melanie Rocks!!!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.