Anyone watching Katie Couric's new show?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Sage
Default Anyone watching Katie Couric's new show?

Up here, it is on at 3 p.m. on ABC.

I must say it is not boring and moves along quickly.
She's an excellent interviewer.

One day, she had as a guest E.L. James who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.

Yesterday, she interviewed Raffaele Sollecito, ex boyfriend of Amanda Knox of Seattle.

Since I had already read three different books on that crime in Perugio Italy, I was interested to see how he would appear and what he would say.

Anyone who has had teenagers or college aged "kids" plus their assorted friends, know that they don't always "act the proper role" during various sad events........and he explained their "kiss" and "cuddle" after the murder was discovered as simply trying to comfort Amanda. .....whereas the world wide photographers saw something entirely different. After all, they had only known each other for nine days.

Perugia has a long history of strange events and strange folks as "hangers on" plus many foreigners.........such as Rudy Guidet (sp?) who is convicted of the murder and spending time in jail right now. The prosecutor also had envisioned a scenario of occultism and other wierd stuff going on..........only they know if they participated or not, however, if innocent, spending four years of your youth in an Italian prison must have been awful.

So far, so good..........up to date topics.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post

Up here, it is on at 3 p.m. on ABC.

I must say it is not boring and moves along quickly.
She's an excellent interviewer.

One day, she had as a guest E.L. James who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.

Yesterday, she interviewed Raffaele Sollecito, ex boyfriend of Amanda Knox of Seattle.

Since I had already read three different books on that crime in Perugio Italy, I was interested to see how he would appear and what he would say.

Anyone who has had teenagers or college aged "kids" plus their assorted friends, know that they don't always "act the proper role" during various sad events........and he explained their "kiss" and "cuddle" after the murder was discovered as simply trying to comfort Amanda. .....whereas the world wide photographers saw something entirely different. After all, they had only known each other for nine days.

Perugia has a long history of strange events and strange folks as "hangers on" plus many foreigners.........such as Rudy Guidet (sp?) who is convicted of the murder and spending time in jail right now. The prosecutor also had envisioned a scenario of occultism and other wierd stuff going on..........only they know if they participated or not, however, if innocent, spending four years of your youth in an Italian prison must have been awful.

So far, so good..........up to date topics.
In Chicago "Katie" is rebroadcast at midnight. I saw her interview with the author of Fifty Shades of Gray...the author was not what I expected at all. Just looks like your average mom of two teenagers...although she is now probably a very rich mom of 2 teens. Loved the black leather dress that Katie wore when she interviewed E.L. James.

I wish I would have seen Katie's interview with Raffaele Sollicito. He was interviewed briefly by Anderson Cooper yesterday on CNN -- plugging the book he just wrote about the trial and his time in jail. He said he had only been dating Amanda Knox for 9 days when her roommate was murdered. I still wonder if Amanda and Raffaele were guilty or innocent.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
In Chicago "Katie" is rebroadcast at midnight. I saw her interview with the author of Fifty Shades of Gray...the author was not what I expected at all. Just looks like your average mom of two teenagers...although she is now probably a very rich mom of 2 teens. Loved the black leather dress that Katie wore when she interviewed E.L. James.

I wish I would have seen Katie's interview with Raffaele Sollicito. He was interviewed briefly by Anderson Cooper yesterday on CNN -- plugging the book he just wrote about the trial and his time in jail. He said he had only been dating Amanda Knox for 9 days when her roommate was murdered. I still wonder if Amanda and Raffaele were guilty or innocent.
Yes, I know what you mean. Katie said E.L. James was very shy.
I can only just imagine, especially if she's never been in such a spotlight before, what it must be to have such a following now and money making book with a movie deal to boot. She admitted they were all her own personal fantasies. She has several more book ideas....for future.

Katie will certainly fill Oprah's empty spot.

Not sure if I will read Raffaele's book; there are so many out there now.
Perhaps if Amanda writes one....I might, but last year I read the three below, mainly to get a background on Perugia and the atmosphere surrounding the murder and subsequent trial........

The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox [Kindle Edition]
Nina Burleigh (Author)

Murder in Italy: The Shocking Slaying of a British Student, the Accused American Girl, and an International Scandal [Kindle Edition]
Candace Dempsey (Author)

A Death in Italy: The Definitive Account of the Amanda Knox Case [Kindle Edition]
John Follain, author
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.