Mad Men Series Finale

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Sage
Default Mad Men Series Finale

Now that it has been a few days since the final episode of "Mad Men" wondering what TOTV members thought of the final season and how the loose ends were tied up (or not tied up). My thoughts -- trying not to give away a lot of spoilers in case you haven't seen the final episode. When Don Draper's kids needed him the most in the last couple of episodes, he couldn't man up and be a dad for his kids. Interesting way that Joan's character got to explore her entrepreneurial side in the final episode. Did Peggy really find true love? And Pete and maybe no longer ex-wife Trudy and daughter leave NYC for a new venture in the Midwest.

I will really miss the show, the fashions and the music.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

Quite honestly, except for poor Sally stepping up to the plate to help out at home, I didn't care about any of the characters anymore. Sad, considering that I never missed an episode and looked forward to seeing what was coming up. I think these last 7 episodes were rather anti-climactic.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:24 PM
Sage
Default Sally Draper - Kiernan Shipka

I think Kiernan Shipka, the actress who played Sally Draper on Mad Men, may have a bright future. She is quite a good actress; time will tell. And she really grew up during the run of Mad Men.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:32 PM

I stopped caring for the show when they split the final season in two. But then again, what series has ever had a satisfying finale. Oh wait! The second Newhart when Suzanne Pleshette woke up in bed with Bob!!! Talk about tying up loose ends!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Veteran member

I rather liked the series finale. I think Don came to the realization of what a snake he was and is trying to become a better person. He loved Betty and respected her wishes for what is truly best for the kids. I think he may finally make peace with himself. I guess I look for the good in people and always hoped he would turn around. Agree that the actress who played Sally is very gifted. I am sure we will see more of her in the coming years. I am just so tired of watching all the smoking. That is a turn off, but representative of the times. Hard to believe Betty would still be puffing. Also hope Pete is going to be a decent guy after all. And my favorite, Peggy! I just wish she would have found the courage to join Joan in the new business.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.