Priceline Ad

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Priceline Ad

I am a sucker for Priceline Ads with William Shatner, but this new one with Kaley Cuoco as William Shatner's Daughter is driving me crazy.

Does anyone know what she says to him when she gets into his sports car and gives him the message from the monk, and he ends with "well your accent needs a little work"?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 02-16-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: add to title
Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

She says: Well, Dad, spent my childhood living with monks, learning the art of deal making. Love The Big Bang Theory.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
She says: Well, Dad, spent my childhood living with monks, learning the art of deal making. Love The Big Bang Theory.
There is something after that, ending in Monk. That's when he says "your accent needs some work".

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Love that commercial too, I believe she replies something in the language of the monks(not sure what language)and he replies to that, "her accent needs work".
Old 02-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Maybe it's KLINGON
Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

She says "Na ja donkoy monk" which means "I slept with the monk". It must be true because I saw it on the internet!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Someone on another forum posted this:

Topic: CC translates new Priceline ad
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:49am

In the new Priceline ad, where William Shatner is picking up Kaley Cuoco and she says something in a foreign language, he responds with "your accent needs work" something to that effect. I had my Closed Captioning on & guess what, it "translated" what she says!

"he said you owed him five bucks"

what other secrets does closed captioning have? I've seen some funny stuff. But isn't that funny? The translation is on CC, but not on the commercial itself.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Sage

Either "He said you owed him five bucks" or "I slept with the monk" would be believable from the look on Shatner's face and his reply. He is in the 80s and he's still as good as ever - proving, once again, that age is just a number!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default Yes as good as ever

Mediocre -
IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Either "He said you owed him five bucks" or "I slept with the monk" would be believable from the look on Shatner's face and his reply. He is in the 80s and he's still as good as ever - proving, once again, that age is just a number!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Sage

Thanks for the translation - was wondering that myself. Hahahahahaha.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01 View Post
Someone on another forum posted this:

Topic: CC translates new Priceline ad
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:49am

In the new Priceline ad, where William Shatner is picking up Kaley Cuoco and she says something in a foreign language, he responds with "your accent needs work" something to that effect. I had my Closed Captioning on & guess what, it "translated" what she says!

"he said you owed him five bucks"

what other secrets does closed captioning have? I've seen some funny stuff. But isn't that funny? The translation is on CC, but not on the commercial itself.
I was in a place where the TV was running CC and I saw that. Very interesting that the extra piece is thrown in.

Sort of like carefully reading the rolling movie credits from Airplane. There are lots of jokes buried in the credits.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.