Brownwood Opening Date?

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new peeps View Post
Villagers and Future Villagers, We got to drive our golfcart to Brownwwod today. It looks great. We rode around and looked at all of the buildings. They still have a bunch of construction going on. I only seen two stores that was ready to open. After about 20 minutes a police officier pulled up and said he was just told that are delaying the opening for a couple more days and they was going to put the baricades back up. We tried to take a few pictures and our camera battery died. He did say a soft opening in two days. So all of Villagers and future Villagers know this weekend it will be crowded in Brownwood. I think the movie theater, Sales office, Mearchantile and Logo store will be open. City Fire has more work to be done.
Thanks, new peeps.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Came by Brownwood about noon and a police car had the entrance blocked.

Lots of cars (employees maybe ?) parked in the surrounding lots.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new peeps View Post
Villagers and Future Villagers, We got to drive our golfcart to Brownwwod today. It looks great. We rode around and looked at all of the buildings. They still have a bunch of construction going on. I only seen two stores that was ready to open. After about 20 minutes a police officier pulled up and said he was just told that are delaying the opening for a couple more days and they was going to put the baricades back up. We tried to take a few pictures and our camera battery died. He did say a soft opening in two days. So all of Villagers and future Villagers know this weekend it will be crowded in Brownwood. I think the movie theater, Sales office, Mearchantile and Logo store will be open. City Fire has more work to be done.
Does that mean the cart path is now open or do you have a street legal cart?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Default Follow up regarding the cart path

Group, Re: Golf cart path. This morning all of the baricades was gone. We drove down the cart path all the way into Brownwood. Only two tunnels under the road was open. My golfcart is not street legal. I would say by 9:30 A.M. the villages put the baricades back up. We was told they are delaying the soft opening for two more days before we left. It was probably a good decision as it looked like to much construction was still going on to have a lot of golf cart traffic mixed with contractor trucks and dump trucks still working in the area. I will say Brownwood is nice. I am impressed with what I seen. The transitions from the golf cart trail to the road crossings on the way down is so smooth it is no longer is like hitting a speed breaker. Me and my back thanks the people involved in making that happen. Now if they can fix the older areas.

Village of Duval
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yea I saw the barricades get removed early this AM on my morning ride. Later when I went to go down in the GC everything was back up. Still to much going on.The old Wildwood groweres market is supposed to be there this weekend.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Sage

newpeeps, Thanks for the information. I will be arriving in TV this weekend - for once in my life I may have timed something correctly .
Old 10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Gold member

There is a story in The Daily Sun today stating that Wildwood city commissioners approved an ordinance, Monday evening, to allow golf cart traffic in Brownwood. Apparently that is required since part of Brownwood in within Wildwood city limits. Probably explains why the golf path was unblocked and then blocked.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
There is a story in The Daily Sun today stating that Wildwood city commissioners approved an ordinance, Monday evening, to allow golf cart traffic in Brownwood. Apparently that is required since part of Brownwood in within Wildwood city limits. Probably explains why the golf path was unblocked and then blocked.
My secret source says there will be a grand opening this Fri.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Confirmed 100% open this Friday 10/12 with entertainment and all! The band is Garrett Miles, who is also scheduled the following day at Spanish Springs.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonseniorresident View Post
Confirmed 100% open this Friday 10/12 with entertainment and all! The band is Garrett Miles, who is also scheduled the following day at Spanish Springs.
Cool. Have to see if the Barnstorm Theater lists movies yet. Had thought Seven Psychopaths was set to open in the Villages but do not see it on the Fandango listings for Friday, October 12.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Cool. Have to see if the Barnstorm Theater lists movies yet. Had thought Seven Psychopaths was set to open in the Villages but do not see it on the Fandango listings for Friday, October 12.
I am assuming the theater is opening Friday too...they aren't publicizing anything because it's a "soft opening" via word-of-mouth but the movie theater is 100% done.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.