Daily Sun usual media bias

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckazules View Post
On the front page of the Daily Sun is the AP article on the millions of people that marched throughout France in solidarity against Islamic/ISIS terrorism. The "tickle my ears" AP reporting missed the BIG story (no mention whatsoever) that our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies. Might have to scrap my subscription. Need to know more about what's really going on in the world than what the next club is doing. How about a little more meat? It's okay...I have the drudge report & Fox news; but what about the rest of you?
So, why complain about the Daily Sun?
Old 01-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
It's title is misleading. The news is simple & straightforward & unbiased. My husband actually liked Aljazeera; he's the biggest conservative going.

Now, Aljazeera in the Mideast is where we found out what really happened at our Beirut Embassy...& to our Ambassador, God rest his soul.

Some of the major news shows, such as Good Morning America have gone totally Hollywood or "Disney".......it's a huge gabfest with perhaps a few minutes of news here & there.
Good Morning America, was never a "news" show.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are right once again. AND I think I know who it is.
I don't know who it is and I don't care. But I also thought it was odd that a first post was a question that brings out a predictable emotional response leaning one way or the other. My advice is if you are new, swim around in the shallow end of the pool for a little while.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter;99***6
Good Morning America, was never a "news" show.
Remember when people only watched a half hour of news before Johnny Carson. If you added up the time spent on the weather report to the commercials maybe you got 15 minutes of news. I wonder if watching too much news is a little like eating too much ice cream.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Gold member

Oh for heaven's sake.

Who, in the age of the internet, reads only one paper-printed newspaper to find out national and international news?!?!?!?!????

To me, that is lazy or wanting to be ignorant. Slimy as they are, you can be lazy and go to Drudge and Huffington Post and click on any one of 200 newspapers' articles linked at the front page!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Remember when people only watched a half hour of news before Johnny Carson. If you added up the time spent on the weather report to the commercials maybe you got 15 minutes of news. I wonder if watching too much news is a little like eating too much ice cream.

That well may be true. But not watching enough of the news is like not eating your carrots.

I go from one extreme to the other. We have to be ourselves.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That well may be true. But not watching enough of the news is like not eating your carrots.

I go from one extreme to the other. We have to be ourselves.
I get my news online from all over the place. I like to research and try to substantiate what is printed or posted. I tend to trust sites that end in .edu, .gov or .org. That's what we taught the kids when they came down to the library to do research. If the information comes from TV or a newspaper I will look up who owns the station or newspaper and then look up their background. All this takes time but at this stage in my life I find it gratifying. I never had that kind of time before. For now, I am living alone so I like checking in here for conversation. That's who I am.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Oh for heaven's sake.

Who, in the age of the internet, reads only one paper-printed newspaper to find out national and international news?!?!?!?!????

To me, that is lazy or wanting to be ignorant. Slimy as they are, you can be lazy and go to Drudge and Huffington Post and click on any one of 200 newspapers' articles linked at the front page!
Sunnyatlast: spot on
Old 01-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Talk about changing times.... German Chancellor Angela Merkel was there. The French would be speaking German if it wasn't for us.
Actually because of the Russians.......we helped.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.