Cannot find Stevea34

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2016, 06:36 AM
Default Cannot find Stevea34

I am trying to get in touch with SteveA34 about an add he has on TOTV. You cannot sell something without a contact email or phone number. Why is that?
Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Green View Post
I am trying to get in touch with SteveA34 about an add he has on TOTV. You cannot sell something without a contact email or phone number. Why is that?
Is this about the Acura for sale? If so, did you try sending him a message?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Because TOTV doesn't REQUIRE any contact information. I have never understood how people expect to sell something without letting buyers know how to contact them... stupid!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Because TOTV doesn't REQUIRE any contact information. I have never understood how people expect to sell something without letting buyers know how to contact them... stupid!

That's simply not the case. By default, when you post an ad, there is a brown button viewers can see on the right side of the screen marked "Send this seller a message". Click on that, and it will send the seller a message regarding the item for sale. Now, if a seller doesn't log in to TOTV, or if they don't have the email notification feature turned on, thats another story.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post

Many people do not want their phone and email info to be publicly available on a site like this. The option for contacting them is to send them a private message though this site. Anytime anyone has sent me a PM, I get an email alerting me to it. I assume that works for everyone.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
Many people do not want their phone and email info to be publicly available on a site like this. The option for contacting them is to send them a private message though this site. Anytime anyone has sent me a PM, I get an email alerting me to it. I assume that works for everyone.
Exactly right. Simply go to the Control Panel (once you're signed in) and make sure to select "Receive emails from Other Members".
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Options 2016-10-20 12-25-31.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	63121  
Old 10-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
That's simply not the case. By default, when you post an ad, there is a brown button viewers can see on the right side of the screen marked "Send this seller a message". Click on that, and it will send the seller a message regarding the item for sale. Now, if a seller doesn't log in to TOTV, or if they don't have the email notification feature turned on, thats another story.
It really is the case when you use Tapatalk. I only use Tapatalk for TOTV because TOTV does not have an app for their website to make it phone-friendly and if the poster who is selling something doesn't put contact information in writing in the post, we see nothing...

Old 10-20-2016, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
To send him a message go to the top left and click on "usercp". Scroll down on the left to "send a new message".
Closed Thread

Tags
stevea34, contact, sell, number, totv

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.