Gilchrist garbage pick up Thursday and Monday

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Default Gilchrist garbage pick up Thursday and Monday

please note....CDD garbage pick up is now around 6 AM which is a change. I called sanitation department and they told me to place my garbage out the night before.

I informed them that I back up to Evans Prarie and the nocturnal animals tear into my garbage during the night and spreads it all around. They said if that is the case then I should place the garbage out before 6AM. I'm retired and no longer get up that early like I did for most of my life.

I told them that I would put it out on their recommendation but I asked them if the garbage people will pick up the garbage if it has been broken into. No answer.

I suggested that they pick up trash from those areas that do not back up to a Prarie.

Is your garbage ever broken into?
Old 06-21-2016, 05:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Garbage pick up

Really?

I also live in Gilchrist (West) and my garbage usually sits out there until late in the day. Evidently the trip from your neighborhood to mine is longer than we imagine.

Related, I wish they'd pick up recycle trash twice a week. I usually have more recycle stuff than garbage.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM
Sage

It has been.....but not for quite a while. One time it might have been some sort of 4 legged critter....maybe a feral cat, but the last time, a few years ago, it was a murder of crows. They were working their way down the street. I and a number of our neighbors happened to be outside and many were trying to persuade the winged scavengers to fly away, but the birds seemed to fear no one.... Actually they didn't make much of a mess but many trash bags had holes in them. Not sure if trash was rebagged or not by those with "holey" bags.

Last edited by pooh; 06-21-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
garbage, pick, night, prarie, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.