Political Forum

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Strange. When I log in and go to New Posts, I don't get any Political threads. Wonder why some people do.
Mike, According to the TOTV administrator, you have to subscribe to the political forum in order to see the posts in your "New Posts" list (see post 10 in this thread). I think that is why you don't see political posts/threads. I don't subscribe, so I don't see them either. Hope that helps.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Mike, According to the TOTV administrator, you have to subscribe to the political forum in order to see the posts in your "New Posts" list (see post 10 in this thread). I think that is why you don't see political posts/threads. I don't subscribe, so I don't see them either. Hope that helps.
Makes sense. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Strange. When I log in and go to New Posts, I don't get any Political threads. Wonder why some people do.
It seems to depend on what browser you're using. I use Firefox for Windows 7, and I don't see political posts when I click on New Posts, just classifieds. However, if I click on
Today's Posts, I get all the political posts as well as general forum posts.

Other people using other types of operating systems and browsers are seeing political and classifieds on different combinations of New Posts and Today's Posts. it's been going on ever since their update a month or so ago.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Sage

I think you're right, CFrance. On Firefox for Windows 10 I see both political and classifieds when I click on "New Posts." Plus "New Posts' includes 12 pages of "New" posts back to Nov. 6, the date the forum says I last logged on. That's another error.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Administrator

I'd try clearing your browser's cache and see if the same issue persists.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:19 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default I agree it may depend on the browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It seems to depend on what browser you're using. I use Firefox for Windows 7, and I don't see political posts when I click on New Posts, just classifieds. However, if I click on
Today's Posts, I get all the political posts as well as general forum posts.

Other people using other types of operating systems and browsers are seeing political and classifieds on different combinations of New Posts and Today's Posts. it's been going on ever since their update a month or so ago.
I agree it may depend on your browser. I use safari on my I-6 phone and prior to the so called update I did not see political posts when I click on new posts. Now I do along with general forum posts. Admin says if I unsubscribe to the political forum I will no longer see the political posts when I click on new posts. I'm sure that is true and that makes sense. Looks like the update of a few weeks ago has put me in the position of making a choice on this issue.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:15 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
njbchbum and justjim - you are both subscribed to the Political forums. That is why you are seeing the political post in your new post. If you don't want to see them if you unsubscribe from the political forum you should no longer see them.

From our testing this is fixed. We CANNOT control Tap A Talk, use our mobile version. If you are subscribed to political forums you will see this in new posts.

If you see anything else that seems to be an issue please let us know.
TOTV Team: As you know I am interested in the continuing of Political Talk. I understand why some members would not want to be a part of that community. I question some members who make claims that they know who and how some members of political Talk manipulate threads. Frankly I am at a loss because I can't tell one guest from another beside my only interest is in responding to content and since I am not one who experiences trigger warnings, micro aggressions, etc I attempt to respond in a cogent and civil manner.

You folks indicated that all a member had to do was unsubscribe from Political Talk and it would be removed from the general board. IS THAT ALSO TRUE OF CLASSIFIED POSTS WHICH SEEM TO DOMINATE MY GENERAL BOARD?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
njbchbum and justjim - you are both subscribed to the Political forums. That is why you are seeing the political post in your new post. If you don't want to see them if you unsubscribe from the political forum you should no longer see them.

From our testing this is fixed. We CANNOT control Tap A Talk, use our mobile version. If you are subscribed to political forums you will see this in new posts.

If you see anything else that seems to be an issue please let us know.
So lemme get this straight....as a subscriber to political there is no option BUT to see the forum threads in 'new posts'.

In order to NOT to see the forum posts in 'new posts' one must unsubscribe; and thereby NOT be able to view political posts on the occasion one wants to peruse same - without subscribing again, reading select posts and unsubscribing again?

Old 11-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Administrator

By default no user is subscribed in the Political forums. The user would have to choose this by selecting subscribing to political forums. If you are not subscribed you will not see the political forum posts when you click new posts. If you are subscribed then you will see them in your new posts.

We have had success in the way the political forums have been going over the past 12+ months especially during one of the most heated and debated elections of our time. We plan to continue in the manner that we have over the past 12+ months as it seems to have served the majority well.

We however do want to make sure that it is functioning correctly as it has for the past 12+ months.

The only caveat to this is we can't control the programming that TapATalk runs. We have only about 30 users a day that use TapATalk compared to the thousands a day that do not. If this is a concern do not use TapATalk but use our mobile site.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
By default no user is subscribed in the Political forums. The user would have to choose this by selecting subscribing to political forums. If you are not subscribed you will not see the political forum posts when you click new posts. If you are subscribed then you will see them in your new posts.

We have had success in the way the political forums have been going over the past 12+ months especially during one of the most heated and debated elections of our time. We plan to continue in the manner that we have over the past 12+ months as it seems to have served the majority well.

We however do want to make sure that it is functioning correctly as it has for the past 12+ months.

The only caveat to this is we can't control the programming that TapATalk runs. We have only about 30 users a day that use TapATalk compared to the thousands a day that do not. If this is a concern do not use TapATalk but use our mobile site.
Is the Political Forum considered 'fixed' at this point?

Specifically, will the names of posters still be continued to be shown on the left, when the 'quote post' button is clicked?

I hope so, as it is enlightening to see the responses from some people.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
So lemme get this straight....as a subscriber to political there is no option BUT to see the forum threads in 'new posts'.

In order to NOT to see the forum posts in 'new posts' one must unsubscribe; and thereby NOT be able to view political posts on the occasion one wants to peruse same - without subscribing again, reading select posts and unsubscribing again?
TOTV Team,

Thanks for managing the site. I could not tell from your reply if you plan to address njbchbum query. I like to view political posts, but not see them (or classified) when I click new posts.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:

I get subscribing vs not subscribing. And I challenge the comment that the political forum has been functioning as it is today for the past 12 months.

Can you/will you address my inquiry about how to view the political forum on an occasional/as desired basis? Does that require subscribing - reading - responding if desired - and unsubscribing in order to read/participate occasionally andthus eliminate the forum posts when clicking on the 'new posts' menu tab on a regular basis?

TIA

Old 11-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Is the Political Forum considered 'fixed' at this point?

Specifically, will the names of posters still be continued to be shown on the left, when the 'quote post' button is clicked?

I hope so, as it is enlightening to see the responses from some people.
I see all on Taparalk and the Android Marshmallow update and have for some time. That's where I've substituted the real screen names for nicknames. Especially for the extreme.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:

TOTV Team:

I have always appreciated your efforts, and especially in lieu of this thread more so now. you simply can't please all of the people all of the time. You would want to believe that the name of a thread would be sufficient to make a decision as to view or not view?

Personal Best Regards:

P.S. I like the "guest" username because it allows me to respond to content only and not be swayed one way or another because of positive/negative feelings about a poster. In other words it helps serve to remove ego from the discussion.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Polar Bear - Tap A Talk is a 3rd party app that we have no control over. We have sent several notices out regarding this. We encourage users to use our mobile version vs. Tap A Talk and that would not be an issue. It is not about us being technical. You are subscribed to a 3rd party program that we have no control over.
But your "mobile version" is like a mini website fit to size on my phone. It's not really mobile app friendly. I know you know this already. Just pointing out the obvious. Peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
political, restrictions, normal, members?police, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.