Political Forum

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
TOTV Team: As you know I am interested in the continuing of Political Talk. I understand why some members would not want to be a part of that community. I question some members who make claims that they know who and how some members of political Talk manipulate threads. Frankly I am at a loss because I can't tell one guest from another beside my only interest is in responding to content and since I am not one who experiences trigger warnings, micro aggressions, etc I attempt to respond in a cogent and civil manner.

You folks indicated that all a member had to do was unsubscribe from Political Talk and it would be removed from the general board. IS THAT ALSO TRUE OF CLASSIFIED POSTS WHICH SEEM TO DOMINATE MY GENERAL BOARD?

Personal Best Regards:
Chi-town and Polar Bear and I all use mostly Tapatalk and we can see everyone's screen name. Peace out...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2016, 06:40 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Chi-town and Polar Bear and I all use mostly Tapatalk and we can see everyone's screen name. Peace out...

Well then that explains a lot. I do not own an android and was unaware of this app. I hope you all use this app in a good faith effort to maintain objectivity and fairness. Personally I liked the "guest"aspect of political talk because it focused on comments and not personalities/ego Cést la vie

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Even without Tapatalk, you can currently hit 'Quote Post' (on any post), scroll down and see the user names to the left of each post.

That's how it is easy to see a certain new member...vying hard to become the top racist/bigot.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Well then that explains a lot. I do not own an android and was unaware of this app. I hope you all use this app in a good faith effort to maintain objectivity and fairness. Personally I liked the "guest"aspect of political talk because it focused on comments and not personalities/ego Cést la vie

Personal Best Regards:
I use the app because I don't own a computer and the app is by far the easiest way to stay connected to TOTV. The "mobile version" of TOTV leaves a lot to be desired. Rubicon, I have always enjoyed your posts and find you to be utmost fair in your anaylsis.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Even without Tapatalk, you can currently hit 'Quote Post' (on any post), scroll down and see the user names to the left of each post.

That's how it is easy to see a certain new member...vying hard to become the top racist/bigot.
Ha, I never noticed that, thank you.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well then that explains a lot. I do not own an android and was unaware of this app...
Just a quick FYI...

Tap A Talk is not just an Android app. It's also available for iDevices.

And I (and I would guess most users) use it for its convenience viewing any number of forums in a single place...not just to view Guest userID's on ToTV...heheh.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Administrator

The mobile version is a custom design to work on the mobile phone as the full TOTV website would be too difficult to operate.

If there is any specific suggestions on how to make the mobile better we are happy to entertain those.

Thanks

Quote:
But your "mobile version" is like a mini website fit to size on my phone. It's not really mobile app friendly. I know you know this already. Just pointing out the obvious. Peace out...

Old 11-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Administrator

We would love to hear specific ideas on how to improve the mobile version.

Best Regards,

Quote:
I use the app because I don't own a computer and the app is by far the easiest way to stay connected to TOTV. The "mobile version" of TOTV leaves a lot to be desired. Rubicon, I have always enjoyed your posts and find you to be utmost fair in your anaylsis.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Administrator

This should be 'Guest'. We will look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Is the Political Forum considered 'fixed' at this point?

Specifically, will the names of posters still be continued to be shown on the left, when the 'quote post' button is clicked?

I hope so, as it is enlightening to see the responses from some people.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Some users have reported that when you click Quote Post that the user name appears.

Is this while using Tap A Talk? We tested and do not see that the website is doing this. If it is through Tap A Talk they do not allow us access to custom code any changes. So we cannot correct any functionality issues that occur between TOTV and TAT.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:09 AM

I want to Unsubscribe from the political forum....how do I do that?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
We would love to hear specific ideas on how to improve the mobile version.

Best Regards,
I know this is a tough task, but the mobile version only shrinks the page to the point it us unreadable. Tapatalk is post reading friendly, but it doesn't provide all the useful features of TOTV.

USA Today has an interactive crossword puzzle in the full web version but not in the mobile one. I find that a big loss but smart phones and smaller tablets force you into the mobile.

Perhaps a several pages menu would work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
...Tapatalk is post reading friendly, but it doesn't provide all the useful features of TOTV...
I'm curious what features you're referring to.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
Some users have reported that when you click Quote Post that the user name appears.

Is this while using Tap A Talk? We tested and do not see that the website is doing this. If it is through Tap A Talk they do not allow us access to custom code any changes. So we cannot correct any functionality issues that occur between TOTV and TAT.
TOTV Team:

Agree when I hit Quote Post all I see is the username "Guest". Its why I was confused as to how some posters knew who was posting, how many times and if they were posting and replying to their own posts. I thought some of them were clairvoyant

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Hello - we have taken care of this for you.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Ludwigs View Post
I want to Unsubscribe from the political forum....how do I do that?
Closed Thread

Tags
political, restrictions, normal, members?police, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.