TOTV Website Difficulties

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
Hello All -

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. As you know we have done over the years heavy customization to the website for the maximum benefit of the users. We have had multiple issues happen at one time as we were doing security updates that broke a number of custom features. We have been working diligently to correct these issues.

Yes you must be logged into your TOTV account first in order to use the classifieds and this is for the user's protection. First thing to do is clear your cache on your browser and start fresh. If you are still having issues as of today please report them to us by clicking the contact us at the bottom of any page and we will work through any issues any user has.

Thanks again in advance.

Best Regards,
Looks like classifieds are up and running, and we have regained the ability to post classifieds. Thank you for your hard work!
Old 11-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have sent at least 3 emails, but will summarize here:
1. I cannot access (read or write) PMs, further, when in the PM area, only the first 2 items on the left column are clickable. I found if I clicked on one ove the symbols (very few were clickable), I could then type text in the message field, however the SEND button was not clickable.
2. I have no access to any but the first 2 items in the user control panel.
3. I am running Windows 10 (updated 2-3 days ago) and I have tired IE-11, Edge, and Chrome all with the same results.
4. I do NOT recall seeing the political threads.
5. If I hit the HIDE CLASSIFIED button to quickly, I get the you have to wait 30 sections error message, I need to hit the NEW posts button, and WAIT 30 seconds to HIDE the classifieds.

IMHO, I think your user database was clobbered during the recent "security" upgrade, and the result is all of the above problems, and the randomness between users.
Hope this helps.
ADMIN:
Per your instructions, I have 1. Closed my browser, cleared the history, 2. Shutdown the PC and rebooted, and all of the above problems appear to still be there.
VT
Old 11-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Sage

I can now post a PM to someone. I can now edit my ads. I can now contact a seller and display their phone number.

I am doing all of this on Chrome.

Thanks Moderator!
Old 11-02-2016, 03:27 PM
fw102807

This is still not working for me with Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. It was working a few weeks ago but not anymore. It appears that there is a permissions issue with certain user accounts.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Sage

ADMIN:
I have 3 browsers installed, cleared history on all three, rebooted PC, then tried CHROME. This allows me to post to Chit Chat lounge, but all the above problems are still there, including no access to PMs or user CP. I will check Edge again, and IE11 has the same problems as Chrome, except, IE11 will NOT allow me to post to chit chat lounge as there is a missing security certificate error.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:47 PM
TOTV Moderator

Hi Villagetinker,

I sent you a PM, did you get it?

Ill investigate your problem and get to the bottom of it. You are right the database is big, but its not clobbered

Thanks,

Old 11-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Platinum member

Using an IPad Air with IOS 10.1.1 with Safari. I cleared history and rebooted. Cannot access PMs.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Unable to send PM, using MacOS 10.10.5.

No luck with:

Safari 10.0.1
Google Chrome 54.0.2840.71
Firefox 3.6.26

Any idea when this will be repaired?

Thanks.
Still unable to send PM. Don't know if I can receive PM. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Using an IPad Air with IOS 10.1.1 with Safari. I cleared history and rebooted. Cannot access PMs.

I cant for the life of me figure out what history or cached credentials would have at all to do with the issue that is on the back-end of the data-set. Nor the multiple browser failures...but, it isnt my soup and I aint going to stir it.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Sage
Default PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Hi Villagetinker,

I sent you a PM, did you get it?

Ill investigate your problem and get to the bottom of it. You are right the database is big, but its not clobbered

Thanks,

In case you did not get me email, yes I did get the PM, no I cannot open it and no I cannot reply, and only the first 2 items in the user CP can be clicked.

Thank you for looking into this.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
In case you did not get me email, yes I did get the PM, no I cannot open it and no I cannot reply, and only the first 2 items in the user CP can be clicked.

Thank you for looking into this.
I don't see an obvious connection to your problems, but wanted to ask anyway. Have you tried accessing TOTV and PMs with a smart phone and cellular data, or a smart phone used as a hot spot? We went through a period where we couldn't even log on to TOTV with our computers. It would just not connect with the website at all, yet we could get on any other site with no trouble. We discovered we could access TOTV with cellular data, or with a cellular hot spot, or even with Xfinitywifi spot. But not through our regular Xfinity modem/router connection. We changed routers and that didn't help. Finally called Xfinity as a last resort and they finally solved it, but didn't respond to our question about what was wrong and what they did. Wish they had since it happened again a few months later and took a week and a half to get resolved.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Moderator,

Any idea when I'll get PM capability again?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Default Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
All your concerns continue to be forwarded to Admin to try to get the problems resolved. Unfortunately, since the problems do not affect all members, it is harder to isolate the cause. As an example, one member using Firefox and Windows10 has a problem with PMs, while another with Firefox and Windows10 does not. Some find the Hide Classified button works, while it does not for others. It seems political threads appear for some under New Posts and not for others.

Your patience is appreciated as we work through this. Please continue to post problems that appear as well as noting when a problem for you seems resolved. While potential solutions are tested using different platforms, there may still be some affected.

A reminder regarding Tapatalk problems. The site does not support Tapatalk. It will work, but some functions will not operate normally. TOTV has a mobile app that should resolve those problems.

The hide classified ads button does not work.I use chrome and a Mac with the newest software.Please help.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Administrator

We are working on this issue. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

TOTV Team
Old 11-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Default Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
The hide classified ads button does not work.I use chrome and a Mac with the newest software.Please help.
I tried Safari and Firefox.Same Issues.
Closed Thread

Tags
firefox, problems, tapatalk, totv, windows10

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.