Alaska tours

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2014, 05:29 AM
Default Alaska tours

Has anyone taken the John Hall Alaska land and cruise tour?
Or any other Alaska tours that you would recommend. Any insight would be welcomed.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:35 AM

Went with John Hall in 2010 every thing was first class would highly recommend it
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 AM

Definitely John Hall. Very professional and knowledgeable tour guides.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:27 PM

For anyone that has gone to Alaska if you could share which cruise line you went o. He offers two different lines. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachfan View Post
For anyone that has gone to Alaska if you could share which cruise line you went o. He offers two different lines. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Thanks for your input.
we where on the Celebrity, was ok nothing negative we just like Royal Caribean better
Old 10-31-2014, 06:41 AM
Gold member

We did a Princess Cruise with a land tour package. The land package started in Fairbanks and it was a train trip that spent one night in Danali National park and one night at Mt McKinley. It was great. but would have enjoyed more time on the land tour. Just make sure your cruise takes the Inside Passage. Don't spend much time in Fairbanks as that town is not very interesting or pretty.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Sage

We are also planning an Alaskan trip and would love any feedback or suggestions you have to offer.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
We are also planning an Alaskan trip and would love any feedback or suggestions you have to offer.
We went to a few different Alaska travel shows and I would say that before you make a decision you should attend the John Hall Alaska at the Waterfront. Always at Waterfront and has several more coming up. We just booked ours with the John Hall. One more thing off the Bucket List!
Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 AM

A good resource is Cruise Reviews, Cruise Deals and Cruises - Cruise Critic which gives detailed info on all cruises nationally and internationally, the ships used, who you might meet, tours, etc. we went on the Inside Passage with Princess Coral. This and Island are the same ships that tour the Panama Canal in the winter as they are longer and sleeker than many other lines, can get into those narrow passages. I loved our trip. I lived in Alaska when I was 18 to 21 and wanted to see this area again and take the hubby. This trip was exactly what we wanted. If you're at all able to travel without a tour group, Alaska trips are very easy for that. The ports are right in the towns as they are all fishing towns, tour prices are generally much less than through the ship and very reliable as this is how they make their income. And if you check out Cruise Critic, you can also organize tours on line which is what we did. Other cruises I've done, I'd take ship tours, I'm just saying Alaska is pretty easy to navigate on your own. Enjoy!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.