Ft Lauderdale cruise--Parking

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Default Ft Lauderdale cruise--Parking

Taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. Any suggestions on where to park besides the lot at the piers?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab1948 View Post
Taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. Any suggestions on where to park besides the lot at the piers?
Try looking for a motel that will let you park for free while you are on your cruise if you stay with them the night before. You might find one that has a free or reasonably priced shuttle to the terminal.
Search Cruise Critic Message Board Forums and you might find some more info. Note you can search by port.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Gold member

Securestay123.com is who we use. we stay at their hotel and get free parking for the week. Many hotels to choose from.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:37 PM

google port everglades parking.

You will be able to select from a variety of providers, depending on your needs and preferences. As you would expect, facilities closest to the port charge the most. I have used Park'N'Go for the airport parking with no issues or concerns.

As a guide, though, I would limit my search no further south than Old Griffin Road. no further west than I-95, and no further north than SE 17 Street.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM

Because of our recent experience, I can recommend Park'N Go. For our December cruise we tried off site parking for the first time and were very pleased. Anticipating parking "delays" we left the Villages earlier than usual. We pulled into Park'N Go, stopped under a portable shelter as directed, and our luggage was immediately placed aboard a waiting shuttle. We walked about 10 steps to board that shuttle. We were the 4th couple to board after which the shuttle immediately left for the port. The van itself was very clean and comfortable.

The shuttle dropped us at the designated unloading area for our ship. The driver transferred our bags to the waiting porters and we proceeded to check in.

The time spent between arriving at Park'N Go and arriving at the unloading area was probably less than what it would have taken us to park at the pier. We didn't have to stop at the Security Gate, nor wend our way to unload, then into the garage, and then walk back to the dock.

After our cruise, we waited in the shuttle loading area for about 5 minutes. The driver loaded our luggage and collected the yellow ticket we were given at departure. He apparently calls ahead to the lot because the cars of the shuttle passengers were waiting in line when we arrived there.

By booking ahead, the cost was $8.47/day ($7.99 + 6% tax). At the port we've paid $15/day. Wish I'd known about Park'N Go several cruises ago.

I've already made Park'N Go reservations for a future cruise.

Here's their site:

bookparkngo
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Default Parking

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Since we are driving down the day we depart the park n go sounds perfect.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Sage

My wife and I have "a thing" about getting to a cruise a day early just in case something happens on the highway and we would miss the ship. Prime example is last cruise from Port Everglades, we were driving from The Villages and had just got to Wildwood when the car stopped running completely! It was a very serious engine problem and we ended up buying a new car that day!! We would have missed the ship if that happened on sailing date.

Anyhow, we always stay one night at a hotel and have always been able to park free for up to 14 days at the hotel with a free shuttle to and from the ship. We usually pay $89 for the hotel which is cheaper than even Park&Go for a 12 night cruise.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
My wife and I have "a thing" about getting to a cruise a day early just in case something happens on the highway and we would miss the ship. Prime example is last cruise from Port Everglades, we were driving from The Villages and had just got to Wildwood when the car stopped running completely! It was a very serious engine problem and we ended up buying a new car that day!! We would have missed the ship if that happened on sailing date.

Anyhow, we always stay one night at a hotel and have always been able to park free for up to 14 days at the hotel with a free shuttle to and from the ship. We usually pay $89 for the hotel which is cheaper than even Park&Go for a 12 night cruise.
Do you mind telling us the name of the hotel?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Default Ft Lauderdale cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab1948 View Post
When we have cruised out of Ft Lauderdale we used the Laquinta in Hollywood, FL. They have free parking while o the cruise, free breakfast, and free shuttle to the cruise port.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Do you mind telling us the name of the hotel?
I should have mentioned the hotel. It is the Courtyard by Marriott in Dania Beach which is around 5 miles from the cruiseport. Very nice hotel.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I should have mentioned the hotel. It is the Courtyard by Marriott in Dania Beach which is around 5 miles from the cruiseport. Very nice hotel.
Thanks Buggy: We just took a Cruise out of Lauderdale on the Independence of the Seas and the parking situation wasn't the best. Next time will consider your idea.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

We just used airportparkingreservations.com and booked parking at the Sheraton for a cruise to the Oasis leaving port Everglades. the rate quoted sounded good $6.00/day put then airportparkingreservations.com adds $5 to that (not a big deal). But its supposed to include free transportation to the cruise port but the fine print indicates its only free to the airport and a extra $10/ person to the cruise port). With 4 people thats an extra $40. but it didn't stop there. When we asked how to contact them for a pick up at the port they told us they didn't pick up at the port. A cab ride was bout $30 +tip back. BTW the traffic to the port is awful if you leaving on OASIS on a Saturday. Lots of ships in port and a cab ride would be expensive. We don't recommend parking at the Sheraton Hotel.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:21 AM

We just skip the hotel and drive down the same day. It is a pleasant 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive down the turnpike.

We have used Park and Go regularly. They are right off the interstate connector and charge $ 7.99 a day in advance over the internet (join the frequent parking club and get a free day for every 10). They load and unload your bags and are very prompt both on and off the ship. They even give everybody in the car a free bottle of water as you leave.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Which cruise are you going on. which date, we are leaving on a cruise on the 19 out of Ft Lauderdale.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.