Las Vegas

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Default Las Vegas

We are going to Vegas and wondering if it's better to purchase tickets for shows on line or wait until we get out there. We want to see the popular shows so don't want to take a chance of them being sold out. We will be there mid week in early Dec. though so maybe a sell out wouldn't be a problem??
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Gold member

Few years back I purchased my tickets on line for Phantom of the Opera in Las Vegas and had excellent seats. I think you are better off booking what you can ahead of time just because there is so much to see and do. Sometimes you will find some coupon deals when you get there too. Check with hotel concierge before your trip, they are very helpful and have lots of ideas and suggestion. Have fun in Vegas.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 10-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Vegas volume is way off there are many discounted

tickets at the half off booths on the strip
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan
Default Try this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset72 View Post
We are going to Vegas and wondering if it's better to purchase tickets for shows on line or wait until we get out there. We want to see the popular shows so don't want to take a chance of them being sold out. We will be there mid week in early Dec. though so maybe a sell out wouldn't be a problem??
We went out in early December several years back, and at that time found that many of the shows take their breaks during that time.

Try this link, it should give you an idea related to shows.

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/
Old 10-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Default going to Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset72 View Post
Having lived in that great town for 14 years, I can tell you that December is their slowest month. Also the current economy is affecting the city badly so there should be no problem getting tickets.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Platinum member

If there is something you DESPERATELY want to see, get your tickets as soon as you can. We were there in April 2009 and had the Concierge at MGM get us tickets for Terry Fator. They were wonderful seats. About 4 or 5 rows back and off to the right. I don't know if we lucked out or if MGM had a block of seeats or what, but we really enjoyed them. We would definitely recommend seeing him if you can. The half price booths on the strip are for the same day shows and are basically left overs. You might luck out and get a good seat or you might not.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.