Home Swap - any info?

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Home Swap - any info?

We are thinking of doing a European home swap and would like to hear from people who have done this. My biggest concern is what someone may do to my home!

Also swapping cars, computers, generally living in someone else s home.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

I've never done a home swap, but I did have a gentlemen come and stay at my home to Cat sit for me for 3 weeks while I was on a trip. It was through a company called "Trusted Housesitters". It was a wonderful experience. He took very good care of my home and my cat was very healthy and happy when I returned. I would think that you would have to trade vehicles also in a "home swap", you would get theirs. I was lucky that he was from Florida so he had his own car. I would not let him (or them) use my golf cart. Too many variables to go wrong if they are not familiar with TV and the rules. They can rent one if they really want to use one.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:11 PM

We swapped homes and spent the summer of 2015 in Ireland. It was a wonderful experience but we learned what to do differently if given the same opportunity. If you PM me with your email I'll share the pros and cons.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, swap, concern, biggest, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.