MSC cruiseline

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Default MSC cruiseline

Hello, has anyone ever taken a domestic cruise on MSC Cruiselines? I had never heard of them until recently. Any experience you are willing to share is appreciated. Thank you. Linda
Old 03-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
Hello, has anyone ever taken a domestic cruise on MSC Cruiselines? I had never heard of them until recently. Any experience you are willing to share is appreciated. Thank you. Linda
We have no first hand experience with this line however our friends had a horrible time with a cruise with MSC. They experienced very rude behavior by many foreign passengers and ship staff were not very responsive to their inquiries and requests during the cruise. They answered a mailed survey after the cruise, voiced their concerns, and never got a response.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:25 PM
Gold member

We went on the very first msc out of Florida a while ago. It was a 3 night cruise. The Orchestra, 2008.

As experienced cruisers we were put off by some of there qualities that we were used to. We could not get coffee during the day with out purchasing specialty coffees and just little things like that.

The ship was beautiful, the room was done in rich deap blue and real wood, the service was not as we are used to on Princess, but this was there first American cruise, so...

But after all that, I would give them another try...
Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 AM

I used them 2 yrs ago
The Divina, gorgeous ship, but as mentioned above, theircservice leaves a lot be be desired.
Food is so so.
Entertainment is good, festive, merry.
Very international crew and travelers.
My friend used them 3 wks ago and had these same impressions.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbmb24101 View Post
I used them 2 yrs ago
The Divina, gorgeous ship, but as mentioned above, theircservice leaves a lot be be desired.
Food is so so.
Entertainment is good, festive, merry.
Very international crew and travelers.
My friend used them 3 wks ago and had these same impressions.
Agree the Divina was a nice ship but entertainment lacking unless you like Opera. One night the show was a Opera. Did enjoy the music in the lounges though. No comedy shows because of large international % of passengers.

Not happy with service and they could be rude. Cancelled 2 of our tours the night before the tour leaving us scrambling to find something to do. They had us wait in the excursion desk line to turn in our tickets to get a refund. Once we waited in line and was about 3rd from the front and they said the desk was closing.

They did a status match so if you have status on another cruise line or even air or hotel line they will match that. Because of this and we had Black status (top) would give them another try. They are coming out with a new ship you may want to try.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you are selecting MSC only because they offer better prices than other cruise companies...you may be greatly disappointed. The ships are beautiful and impressive looking but you are dealing with an Italian based cruise line, food is Mediterranean style (alot of pastas and fish) , Announcements are made in 6 or 7 languages, smoking is allowed on the ship and entertainment is not what you would typically get on RCCL, Celebrity or even NCL.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:14 AM

We went on the MSC Divina in December and it was the best cruise we ever went on. Ship is beautiful and the staff and food was very good. It is not the foreigners that are rude it's the Americans. They can stay on Carnival. We also booked the MSC Seaside in December from Venice to Miami.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

We did the Divina last year. As others have said beautiful ship. We found everybody to be couteous like other cruise lines.

The buffet is not as varied as any of the other cruise lines.....and it is always the same.....never a variation.

We would grade it a c compared to most other A and A+.

Entertainment was not entertaining.

Drinks from the bar are the stingiest pours ever.....ANYWHERE.

They are trying very hard to shift their style to the American market.......a lot of work to do based on our cruise.

They always seem to have kids go free specials continuously hence there are more kids than we have ever been with on any cruise line....not a complaint....we enjoy kids......just a statement of fact of the cruise.

If you never cruised any other line you will enjoy it.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:14 PM

Thanks all
Old 05-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Take a look at Cruise Critic reviews....Collectively MSC is just above a 50% recommendation where as Celebrity is over 80%, RCL and Carnival at 70%
Best MSC Cruises 2017: Reviews and Photos
Old 05-31-2017, 08:42 AM

Hi, my wife and I did a MSC cruise, it was great from the food to the entertainment. It is different, do not expect RCCL, Disney or Carnival. It is different. Some people don't like because, you won't see waiters walking around the deck trying to sell you drinks, food is based on Italian food. But the ships are beautiful you will not see neon lights anywhere. And go to the shows, if you like great entertainment you will love the shows, just remember they are based out of Italy. Also they will match what ever level you are with other lines. Good luck and have fun
Ed
Closed Thread

Tags
msc, experience, recently, linda, appreciated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.