San Antonio Riverwalk

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24
Smile

April is normally a busy month because of Fiesta Week! Check out the dates for it and all the festivites that are associated with Fiesta! Actually a very great and entertaining time!!! Viva Fiesta!!!
Old 09-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Gold member

Marriott on the waterfront is always a good choice.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:20 PM

We have stayed at the grand hyatt, the hyatt, marriot and embassey suites on the river walk. We liked the Grand hyatt the best. There are lots of wonderful restaurants and bars all along the riverwalk. April is great because it is festival and Christmas is also great. San Antonio is a wonderful city to visit....and the riverwalk is a must do!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:17 PM

Loved it ! A city that has a very special personality. Stayed at the Hyatt on the Riverwalk and then at La Mansion. A bit pricey, but worth it. Be sure to take one of the jitney tours around the city and a Riverwalk boat cruise is a must. We were lucky enough to make it a dinner cruise. Hope to go again. P.S....... Bring good walking shoes !

Last edited by CT514s; 09-06-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 09-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Platinum member
Default Enjoy your visit.

The advice to look around on TripAdvisor is good advice.

Visit:
1. Boat ride on The Riverwalk.
2. The Alamo
3. El Marcado (The Marketplace, downtown. A variety of shopping places and eating places.) If you are fortunate the outdoor entertainers with the Pan Flutes will be playing.
4. Dine at Mi Tierria in the Marketplace. If you are not seated in the back room, walk back there to see the historic decorations on the wall, in bas relief.
5. Visit some of the historic Spanish Missions. There may be an organized tour for this.
6. If there is something being presented at The Majestic Theater, go to it. They often have Broadway shows there. I saw Phantom of the Opera, Cats, The Lion King and others there. It is a historic building with very ornate decorations.

Avoid the heat of mid-Summer. I spent my teen years in San Antonio, so was not surprised by the heat and humidity when I returned to visit, but many people are surprised by the humidity so far inland.

I have not stayed at the Drury on the River, but once did some research on it. It looked a tad less expensive than some of the others. You might want to look into it.

When I was last there as a tourist I did take the ride up to the top of the Tower of the Americas and had lunch. Pricey, but interesting.

If you rent a car, it is not too far to drive up to the University of Texas at Austin, and to visit the Lyndon Johnson Presidential Library. I believe it is the only Presidential Library that does not charge admission. From there you could drive over to Stonewall, Texas, and visit the LBJ Ranch. I understand that in recent years they have permitted tours inside of the residence.

Caution: If you do this in one day you will probably be driving back to San Antonio after dark through the Texas hill country, which is greatly overpopulated with deer. Drive with care and at a speed within the range of your headlights.

If, at some time in the future you head toward Houston, I can give you some other excellent places to visit.

Enjoy Texas. The name is derived from the Indian word Tejas, which means Friendly.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Default san antonio river

We are from San Antonio and just moved here two months ago. They have done a lot of work on the river area and have expanded it about a mile taking in other new venues. It is pretty during Christmas time and you will find the people very friendly.
Closed Thread

Tags
san, antonio, riverwalk, hotels, recommendations, restaurants, kathy, trips, site, interested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.