Broccoli Beef Recipe - The Best I've had!

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Sage
Default Broccoli Beef Recipe - The Best I've had!

Be sure to use the flank steak as it says. I put mine in the freezer for 20 minutes before slicing. Also cut across the grain into thin slices. Put a little oil in the pan and heat up pan, spread beef in a single layer. Leave it alone for 1 minute then flip and cook for about 30 more seconds then take it out. This will result in tender meat. I also add some thinly sliced carrots, and some small sweet onion slices to the veggies and stir fry them until done. I also double the amount of sauce because I like mine that way. I use Minute rice for the rice which cooks in 5 minutes. Serve over rice.

Broccoli Beef Recipe

Ingredients:

8 oz (250 g) beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into pieces
6 oz (175 g) broccoli florets
Water, for boiling
2 1/2 tablespoons oil
2-in (5 cm) ginger, peeled and sliced

Marinade:

1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine or sherry
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
3 dashes white pepper
1 tablespoon corn starch

Sauce:

1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
4 tablespoons water

Method:

Marinate the beef with all the ingredients for the Marinade, about 15 minutes.

Bring the water to boil and add a few drops of oil. Blanch the broccoli florets in the hot water, about 10 seconds. Remove the broccoli immediately with a strainer or slotted spoon, draining the excess water. Set aside.

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until 70% cooked. Dish out and set aside.

Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic. Transfer the beef into the wok or skillet and stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes. Add the broccoli and then the Sauce, stir to combine the ingredients well.

As soon as the sauce thickens, dish out and serve immediately.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by July Hancock View Post
Sounds very delicious I will definitely try i. Thanks for the recipe!
It's a keeper! The sauce is really good, that is why I double it. This is also good as a leftover.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:35 AM
Sage

Made this again this week and made the mistake of putting too much meat in the pan at once and it didn't brown. Still tasted good but the color should be dark brown. I suggest frying meat in stages a small amount at a time. Tastes really great!
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, oil, sauce, broccoli, water, tablespoon, teaspoon, heat, add, minutes, rice, meat, stir-fry, skillet, 1/2, wok, ingredients, seconds, immediately, sliced, set, corn, serve, stir, starch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.