Cooked Jello chocolate pudding.

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Cooked Jello chocolate pudding.

If you haven't made the cook and stir version of Jello pudding for awhile, try it again. It tasted so nice still warm on a coolish night recently.

AND I have been buying water packed tuna for years now, but heard Giada DeLaurentis advise to buy Italian tuna packed in oil and I made tuna salad sandwiches from it and it did taste much more flavorful. .Sweetie even commented.

Just two little thoughts. If you have tried something new or something good lately, share with us.

ALSO... My go to convenience food when I am tired or running late is Stouffer's frozen "Grandma's Rice and Chicken Bake" casserole.. Not bad at all.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you haven't made the cook and stir version of Jello pudding for awhile, try it again. It tasted so nice still warm on a coolish night recently.

AND I have been buying water packed tuna for years now, but heard Giada DeLaurentis advise to buy Italian tuna packed in oil and I made tuna salad sandwiches from it and it did taste much more flavorful. .Sweetie even commented.

Just two little thoughts. If you have tried something new or something good lately, share with us.

ALSO... My go to convenience food when I am tired or running late is Stouffer's frozen "Grandma's Rice and Chicken Bake" casserole.. Not bad at all.
How sweet is the pudding Gracie? Is real sugar or artificial sweetner? Some of them are over the top sweet.

OK - my tip of the day - slow cooker rice pudding. It is to die for, if you like rice pudding. Pint Milk, 1 1/2oz pudding rice, 1-oz sugar, small knob of butter, scraping of nutmeg. Cook on low for four or more hours until thick and gooey!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Hi Gracie: I have used the cooked choc pudding for years for my chocolate pies. My mom used to make it and my son loves it too. One thing that I have discovered is Paul Newman's pasta sauces. They are so thick and stick to the pasta really well. I've always used Prego or Batilla sauce but was disappointed how they seem to not go very far and don't stick to the pasta and I discovered Paul Newman's sauce. I get a couple of pounds of burger and two jars of his sauce and make a huge batch of meat sauce. I freeze it in four portions. On nights I don't feel like cooking I pull a pack from the freezer and thaw it in the microwave. Cook up some pasta, pull some frozen garlic bread (texas toast) from the freezer and put it in the toaster and dinner is served. I shave on some parmesean on the top.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:18 AM

I too like hot cooked chocolate pudding. It satisfies my yen for hot with cold. I cook the pudding and then add a scoop of vanilla or coffee ice cream. You want the perfect mix, so you need to eat this before the ice cream melts.

I make myself feel better by using the Sugar Free Jello chocolate pudding made with skim milk and not thinking about the ice cream whatsoever!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.