Corn and Zucchini

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Sage
Default Corn and Zucchini

Maybe this is an old favorite but it's new to me. I had corn on the cob and zucchini in the frig that I wanted to eat while it was fresh. Holy Cow, all I did was stir fry the both, equal parts with olive oil and salt and pepper and now I think it's my new favorite combo. [dice the zucchini so that its very small---ooops I forgot that added tiny slivers of vidalia oniion]

Last edited by tomwed; 07-03-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Platinum member

We slice small zukes into round and steam it with some garlic salt and butter drizzled on top. We also,use them in zucchini bread
Old 07-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The best way to eat fresh corm on the cob is raw. I used to have a friend that grew corn near me. He would allow me and my family to go into his corn field and pick and eat the corn right there. Of course we also took some home to cook but I loved it raw.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Maybe this is an old favorite but it's new to me. I had corn on the cob and zucchini in the frig that I wanted to eat while it was fresh. Holy Cow, all I did was stir fry the both, equal parts with olive oil and salt and pepper and now I think it's my new favorite combo. [dice the zucchini so that its very small---ooops I forgot that added tiny slivers of vidalia oniion]
Tom, this sounds really good and I think I will try it. I love corn on the cob but hubby is not a huge fan of zukes unless I fry them, adding the onion will add a really good flavor.

Sometimes I batter dip zukes and fry them. Another way is to slice them, put in some chopped onion and some diced bacon. Really good.

We stopped at a small farm market yesterday and got some of the best tomatoes and peaches we have had. I love it when veggies are in season.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Default Farm Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Tom, this sounds really good and I think I will try it. I love corn on the cob but hubby is not a huge fan of zukes unless I fry them, adding the onion will add a really good flavor.

Sometimes I batter dip zukes and fry them. Another way is to slice them, put in some chopped onion and some diced bacon. Really good.

We stopped at a small farm market yesterday and got some of the best tomatoes and peaches we have had. I love it when veggies are in season.
Where was the farm market
Old 07-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post

Please tell us where this farm market is. I would kill for some good tomatoes and peaches
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictarleton View Post
Where was the farm market
Actually it was a small farm stand on 44 1/2 mi East of Morse. They had onions, nice tomatoes, small free stone peaches and watermelons. But there is a nice larger one between brownwood and Morse on 44. We haven't stopped at that one but looks much larger.
Closed Thread

Tags
corn, favorite, zucchini, equal, stir, cow, fry, parts, oil, combo, pepper, olive, holy, salt, wanted, eat, frig, cob, fresh

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.