Fresh Tomatoes with balsamic

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage
Default Fresh Tomatoes with balsamic

We visited some friends a few months ago in the Boston area. He is a great italian cook. He had plenty of beautiful home grown tomatoes in his garden. He took a fancy platter and sliced it full of beautiful red tomatoes. Spread them out. Took about 1/2 cup of pitted kalamata olives and put all over the top, sprinkled with feta cheese, chopped red onion, drizzled italian dressing over it, drizzled balsamic vinegar over that along with some salt, pepper and chopped basil. Put it in the frig to chill. This was over the top great! I can't tell you how good it was. I have now made this for our dinner tonight.
This could even be dressed up more on a beautiful plate with feta cheese. I used mozzarella because it is what I had. If you were asked to bring a salad to someone's house for dinner, you could bring this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	tomato salad.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	52415  
Old 06-16-2015, 05:04 PM

Thanks that sounds so good
Old 06-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Try slicing garden fresh tomatoes and encircle a dish with thin slices of mozzarella and individual basil leaves...chill...sprinkle with balsamic just before serving...extra virgin olive oil can be usen in place of balsamic; and oregano/italian seasoning is optional. I believe it is called a caprese salad.

We also like to cut the tomatoes into chunks and mix with chunks of mozz and a few red onions and then dress in Italian salad dressing.

PS Jersey tomatoes are best

Old 06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Sage

Judy - looks awesome. When I find some beautiful tomatoes will definitely give this a try.
Closed Thread

Tags
beautiful, tomatoes, red, dinner, put, feta, drizzled, chopped, cheese, bring, top, great, italian, balsamic, made, house, someones, salad, good, months, friends, visited, tonight, mozzarella, plate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.