Recipe thats all the rage-really delicious!

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Sage
Default Recipe thats all the rage-really delicious!

Recipe: Mississippi Roast ... My Way
©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |Inactive time: 8 hours | Yield: About 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients
• 3 to 5 pound boneless beef rump or chuck roast
• 3 cloves of garlic, cut into slivers
• Freshly cracked black pepper
• 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings or vegetable or canola oil
• 1 stalk (rib) of celery, cut into chunks
• 1 medium size onion, halved and sliced
• 1 envelope of dry ranch dressing mix
• 1 envelope of dry brown gravy or au jus mix
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed
• 1 cup of Coca Cola Classic
• 1 large bay leaf
• 1 whole jalapeno (I used pickled)
• 4 golden peperoncini peppers
• 1/2 cup of Italian mix giardiniera, optional
• 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
Instructions

Stud the roast by using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut. Season roast on both sides with pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of fat or oil in a large skillet and brown roast on both sides. Add the celery chunks to the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker and place roast on top. Add onion to skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to top of the roast.

Meanwhile, whisk together the ranch dressing, gravy mix, thyme and rosemary. Add the Coke and whisk in until well blended; set aside. Add the bay leaf, whole jalapeno, peperoncini and giardiniera to the top of the roast and pour the Coke mixture over the top. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or on high 4 to 5 hours. Total time will be dependent on size of roast.

To thicken gravy, use a long fish spatula to remove the roast and loosely tent with foil to keep warm. Skim any excess fat off the top of the juices and carefully transfer the contents of the crockpot to a saucepan. Stir in the tablespoon of butter. Make a slurry of a tablespoon of cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve the cornstarch. Whisk into the gravy, bring up to a boil, reduce and simmer until thickened.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-25-2016, 03:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I copied your recipe and immediately e-mailed it to my wife. its the second recipe in two days ,as I sent her one for spinach pie. I know she is thrilled about this because when I told her about the e-mailed recipe she said "Really!"
She so cool. Wait til she opens this one WOW I can hardly wait to see the look on her face
Closed Thread

Tags
roast, tablespoon, top, gravy, add, mix, cut, 1/2, hours, whisk, cornstarch, time, brown, thyme, rosemary, onion, crushed, cup, ranch, dressing, envelope, teaspoon, dried, dry, recipe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.