What's everyone cooking for Christmas dinner?

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Went to our son's house. Appetizers of white truffle brie, salami, prosciutto with crackers. Dinner.... Beef Wellington, fingerling potatoes with bacon, butter, spices, baby arugula salad, home made Christmas chutney, dinner rolls, a deliciius red wine...and dessert....Gordon Ramsey's sticky toffee chocolate pudding.
Delicious....
Sounds like a 5 star meal!!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Sounds like a 5 star meal!!
LOL, thanks it was. Son is a chef....love it when he cooks!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:30 PM

Everything sounds so good. I hope you all enjoyed your meals. My hubby was admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve so they fed him. I was so exhausted and stressed when I came, that I had cold cereal for dinner. For Christmas Day, they served him overcooked prime rib, and I cam home to a frozen entree. I was not there for his meal times today, but he is being fed. Since I am so tired, and not hungry enough to bother to fix anything, I'll take the weight loss instead. It has been quite a different and lonely Christmas for us, that is for sure!
Old 12-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgc4340 View Post
Everything sounds so good. I hope you all enjoyed your meals. My hubby was admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve so they fed him. I was so exhausted and stressed when I came, that I had cold cereal for dinner. For Christmas Day, they served him overcooked prime rib, and I cam home to a frozen entree. I was not there for his meal times today, but he is being fed. Since I am so tired, and not hungry enough to bother to fix anything, I'll take the weight loss instead. It has been quite a different and lonely Christmas for us, that is for sure!
I'm so sorry. Anything any of us can do to help?
Old 12-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Sage

I'm sorry that happened to your husband and you. Illness disregards dates. Please keep us posted and like Pooh asked, is there anything we can do to help?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Our youngest son showed up with very little notice sort of. He is being deployed sometime in February. Mrs Nucky cooked like he was going to jail tomorrow. We had a blast, he saved the day again. I knew he was coming but had to keep it quiet....rough one...whew...what a good kid and a new wife and Monstrous German Shepard. Took our mind off missing the grandkids in Jersey. Best Christmas in a long time. Not Going to be able to fit thru the Golden Arches At Mcdonald's for a while. Need some Pepto!
Old 12-27-2016, 09:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Our youngest son showed up with very little notice sort of. He is being deployed sometime in February. Mrs Nucky cooked like he was going to jail tomorrow. We had a blast, he saved the day again. I knew he was coming but had to keep it quiet....rough one...whew...what a good kid and a new wife and Monstrous German Shepard. Took our mind off missing the grandkids in Jersey. Best Christmas in a long time. Not Going to be able to fit thru the Golden Arches At Mcdonald's for a while. Need some Pepto!
How wonderful having your son visit!
Old 12-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgc4340 View Post
That so sucks.

Wishing you and your husband the best.
Closed Thread

Tags
cooking, butter, olive, tossed, onion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.