6 to 9 year old driving with shameful parent

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Veteran member
Default 6 to 9 year old driving with shameful parent

I got a real loud shout from a 40ish parent, a big FU, with the little one driving the golf cart around morse roundabout yesterday, i told him the little one "should not be driving"
I have to make the assumption that they both are visiting, so shame on the grandparents!

Old 04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have often seen children driving a golf cart. They generally, are with an obvious grandparent.

I would like to report them but by the time I could do so, they already would be off into the sunset not to be found.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
I got a real loud shout from a 40ish parent, a big FU, with the little one driving the golf cart around morse roundabout yesterday, i told him the little one "should not be driving"
I have to make the assumption that they both are visiting, so shame on the grandparents!

What is wrong with people???? Cussing like that in front of the child, great example. I saw a golf cart coming out of Duval side street, yesterday, near the Duval pool onto Odell Circle. The little girl driving could not have been more than 7, she had a boy next to her, around 13 and another little girl in the back. No adults in the cart. Are people using their brains, or what????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post

strangers yelling at strangers in not a good thing. could end up trouble you cant get out of!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Sage

We drove behind an adult driver with 3 kids on the cart...sounds fine, right??
The driver may have been the dad (30's) and the kids were less than middle school age. One child was in the passenger seat while the other 2 kids were sitting on the back bumpers holding onto the golf bag holder! Scarey!!! They were on the multi-modal going towards the Morse bridge and LSL.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We drove behind an adult driver with 3 kids on the cart...sounds fine, right??
The driver may have been the dad (30's) and the kids were less than middle school age. One child was in the passenger seat while the other 2 kids were sitting on the back bumpers holding onto the golf bag holder! Scarey!!! They were on the multi-modal going towards the Morse bridge and LSL.
That was just plain stupid making them hold on to the bag straps. They should have been strapped in to the bag holder. Sheesh.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

calll the police and follow the golf carters the police arrive. it is about time we take back control of our community and do not allow outsiders to hold us hostage. enough. i am mad as hell and i am not going to take it anymore!

Last edited by travelguy; 04-24-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: re-write
Old 04-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
calll the police and follow the golf carters the police arrive. it is about time we take back control of our community and do not allow outsiders to hold us hostage. enough. i am mad as hell and i am not going to take it anymore!
How are we being held hostage?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How are we being held hostage?
we are too afraid to defend our community. when others come into our home (invited or otherwise) they need to respect our rules and our way of life. when we have abandoned our rights, then we are hostages.....controlled by others.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
we are too afraid to defend our community. when others come into our home (invited or otherwise) they need to respect our rules and our way of life. when we have abandoned our rights, then we are hostages.....controlled by others.
are these "rules" you speak of written down, printed out, posted and distributed?? Or should we all just make up our own as we go along?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

common sense
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
common sense

Some do not seem to have any! Also, deplorable language that should not be used regardless of the children's presence. Children learn from their surroundings, IMO.

Linda
Old 04-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Last time I checked nobody's controlling me and I'm not hostage to no one.. happy happy happy.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Sage

Pity the automobile driver who accidentally runs over and kills or maims the child driver and passengers when they roll the cart in a roundabout, dumping the driver and riders out under other car and truck wheels. Or when kids with no seat belts in the back end fall out onto the pavement and under car/truck wheels.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Gold member

you'd have to be a complete lunatic to allow a child to drive a golf cart and most especially on the Morse Blvd round about. Some people are just plain stupid!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.