68 year old man from Pennecamp

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Originally Posted by tomwed
Please give the guy a break and listen to the open hearted. He's not hurting any children. He's just a little mixed up. "There but for the grace of God go I". Shouldn't that be the Village mantra?

Originally posted by Gerryann
Seriously? Really???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really believe in the adage "There but for the grace of God, go I".
And I agree that it should be the Villages mantra in most cases.
But not if people are mentally ill; then then they need treatment, not sympathy.

As I understand it, this guy has been flashing not only at pools, but also in the MVP parking lot.
Tom, you say he isn't hurting any children, but how do you know where he will be flashing next?
If the facts stated in the online newspaper are correct, he obviously needs some type of mental reconditioning.
you're right
Old 10-21-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
At our age we've all seen one -- maybe more. No big deal.

I was a cocktail waitress or bartender on the side for many of my "poor years." Needless to say, idiots like this one abounded. A cocked (seriously, I couldn't think of a different word!) eyebrow and a stern, "Quit being a dumbass" worked for 99.99% of all situations.
Ha ha...so right. Because I'm seriously hearing impaired I've relied on lip reading and close attention to facial expressions, etc. to communicate. Well, in a story that's a little like the bank robber in Woody Allen's movie who presented a hold up note that the cashier asked him to read for her, here goes:As I started towards a retail store door a young man approached me saying "do you want this?" and because I was studying him intently I didn't notice that he had his "member" in his hand. Not understanding him I asked him what? he repeated this mumbling, so I walked closer to him instead of hysterically running in the other direction. Finally he pointed down and asked louder, Do you want this? Bewildered, I just said no..and looked at him like Clint Eastwood would have.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I agree with your opinion that the Daily Sun is not a newspaper. It closely mimics many other things within our community. There is a sameness or almost cult-like look to TV that is apparent once you have been here for any length of time. No one questiones it and most people give TV accolades one after another. The repetition of the circles, the impeccable manicured grounds, the cookie-cutter look of the houses, the same landscaping regardless of the model home (don 't come home drunk), the piped in Fox News radio throughout each square. All these things are apparent and well planned.

Thankfully, the look has not only attracted Stepford Wives, but some really, really nice people!
I agree. The draw for us is the people.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Unless that "other site" encouraged the activity I don't understand how you can fault them for reporting. Reality is reality and should be reported as such.
Absolutely true.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Sage

yes, i see your point, i also agree
Old 10-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Ladies

When a man flashes you, stare at his flashing then look him in the face and say in a serious tone. "I've seen better." That gets them to put it away.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I agree with your opinion that the Daily Sun is not a newspaper. It closely mimics many other things within our community. There is a sameness or almost cult-like look to TV that is apparent once you have been here for any length of time. No one questiones it and most people give TV accolades one after another. The repetition of the circles, the impeccable manicured grounds, the cookie-cutter look of the houses, the same landscaping regardless of the model home (don 't come home drunk), the piped in Fox News radio throughout each square. All these things are apparent and well planned...

IMO, whether one perceives many of these things as negative is largely a matter of the observer's attitude.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Veteran member

If this guy were to flash me, I hope I would have the presence of mind to kick him squarely in his exposed parts. And hopefully, when he bent over in pain, I'd be able to connect my knee with his nose. And then, of course, I'd call the police. No one...man, woman or child should have to be "exposed" to such behavior. Is he mentally ill? Perhaps...but I don't care. He is not a harmless person and we shouldn't have to put up with his "illness".
Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Sage

Although the stereotype of an exhibitionist is a "dirty old man in a raincoat," most males arrested for exhibitionism are in their late teens or early twenties. The disorder appears to have its onset before age 18. Like most paraphilias, exhibitionism is rarely found in men over 50 years of age.

Read more: Exhibitionism - children, causes, DSM, effects, therapy, drug, person, people

Anyone remember another person doing this in the Villages before?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
arrested for exposing himself at two of the Villages pools. Story on the other site.
I understand that his court date was yesterday.... does any one know if he was sent up to the Big House????
Old 11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

What is the other site? Can you please give me a clue? I imagine that the editors do not allow you to give the full name..... Thank you.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
What is the other site? Can you please give me a clue? I imagine that the editors do not allow you to give the full name..... Thank you.
Just google Villages on-line news.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.