68 year old man from Pennecamp

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Yes, it is a considerable amount of money. It does not bother me as I do not go to pools too often but I have seen threads here regarding the pool crashers from outlaying communities and lots of posters were very angry at that. There was a thread about a man bathing at a pool, there was a thread about a drug user shooting up at a pool, and now a man exposes himself at two pools. Obviously, some people are very upset.
I proposed a possible solution. Are there any other possible solutions or is the consensus just to leave it as is?
I think the anti-social events are few and far between.
I've never seen pool crashers or flashers.
Full-time Pool Police seem unnecessary.
Isn't there a telephone at every pool to report upsetting activity?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just what we need . . . Keystone Cops at the pools! Come on, folks. Aren't we old enough to handle this ourselves?

Weren't there any men at the pool when this incident took place? If so, they should have stepped up to the plate. Okay. Let's say there weren't. Was each of these women a wus? How many women were there? I'm sure they had their cell phones with them. There is safety in numbers, you know, and they shouldn't have been worried. Surprised or even flabbergasted, yes.

Even though this man is a degenerate, I am of the impression that there were enough people at the pool that no one should have been frightened. Had I been there I probably would have laughed as I was dialing 911.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
That " other site" couldn't wait to publish it. Always sensationalism. Sex Sells
They simply publish what is in the police log like most other papers in the United States.

The Daily Sun is not a newspaper as much as it is a marketing tool for The Villages. It is a good source for finding out what kind of recreation activities are going on and a few feel good stories about residents, but it is no way a newspaper.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudoll View Post
Well played
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Just what we need . . . Keystone Cops at the pools! Come on, folks. Aren't we old enough to handle this ourselves?

Weren't there any men at the pool when this incident took place? If so, they should have stepped up to the plate. Okay. Let's say there weren't. Was each of these women a wus? How many women were there? I'm sure they had their cell phones with them. There is safety in numbers, you know, and they shouldn't have been worried. Surprised or even flabbergasted, yes.

Even though this man is a degenerate, I am of the impression that there were enough people at the pool that no one should have been frightened. Had I been there I probably would have laughed as I was dialing 911.
Well said, I agree totally. Also, maybe he is emotionally unstable and needs help.
Gracie.. loved your reply. You go girl!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
They simply publish what is in the police log like most other papers in the United States.

The Daily Sun is not a newspaper as much as it is a marketing tool for The Villages. It is a good source for finding out what kind of recreation activities are going on and a few feel good stories about residents, but it is no way a newspaper.
I agree with your opinion that the Daily Sun is not a newspaper. It closely mimics many other things within our community. There is a sameness or almost cult-like look to TV that is apparent once you have been here for any length of time. No one questiones it and most people give TV accolades one after another. The repetition of the circles, the impeccable manicured grounds, the cookie-cutter look of the houses, the same landscaping regardless of the model home (don 't come home drunk), the piped in Fox News radio throughout each square. All these things are apparent and well planned.

Thankfully, the look has not only attracted Stepford Wives, but some really, really nice people!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
[/COLOR][/B]These are your own words Abster.

"Sadly this place is no better than any other small town. It seems a lot of people bought into the idea of this being free of all bad. There are thieves, sex offenders, drug addicts and drunks. The best you can do is be aware of your surroundings and take the necessary precautions to afford yourself a safe environment. I do think the paper does all of us an injustice in not printing what REALLY is going on in the area. We continue to grow. With that growth will come many more problems."
SMACK DOWN !!!

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
arrested for exposing himself at two of the Villages pools. Story on the other site.
TOTV is quickly becoming the "other site" with it's own arm chair reporters, judges, jury's and executioners.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well I'm not touching the Daily sun that can get you into a whole lot of trouble with both posters and moderators

However, it is abundantly clear that some residents have had their rose colored glasses cracked.

It is also abundantly clear that any 68 year old man that exposes himself needs therapy.

It is also abundantly clear that there are a (good -some- a few) number of weird people living here. You choose the quantity.

It is abundantly clear that The villages boosting by the developer residents, etc
was the "sticking your chin out"moment or movement and people in or out of The Villages can't wait to respond.

It is abundantly clear that Spruce Creek and Del Webb Spruce Creek and Stone Crest are not getting this kind of publicity. Why?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=rubicon;949402]

It is abundantly clear that Spruce Creek and Del Webb Spruce Creek and Stone Crest are not getting this kind of publicity. Why?[/QUOTE]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because those places aren't nearly as wonderful as this one and people aren't jealous that they can't live there.

Good Morning Villages!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Here is another take

In the comedy monologue of Smiroff (sp) he says every country has a city it laughs at. In America its Cleveland. In Russia its Cleveland

Perhaps The Villages is becoming the new Cleveland?

Perhaps we all might want to reconsider our positions and do something positive in defending our reputation. I'll be several letters to the editor to the Daily Sun and surrounding area might help.

Just a fleeting thought. I do hate that The Villages is being maligned
Old 10-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We who post and read this forum have known that there are all kinds of people here. I realized early on that The Villages didn't contain similar people although we are all similar in age. (DON'T START Jbdfan)

We are just as different as our high school class, our neighborhood back home, the people in our church or club and the people we worked with.

We are a spectrum of people, and some are easy to get along with and some are not.

Some have a moral compass and some do not. Some are happy and some are not. Some are financially secure and some are not. Some are healthy and some are not. We all have different value systems and some put eating healthily at the top and some put looking good at the top and some put their homes at the top and some put their church at the top and some put politics at the top, etc. etc. etc.

We have chosen to live here but the rule followers are having to deal with the rule breakers, the Democrats are having to deal with the Republicans and the not so rich are having to deal with the really rich and the young-old are having to deal with the old-old.

One thing we have in common is that there are far fewer years ahead of us than there are behind us and we need to suck the juice out of every day and enjoy this life because none of us know for sure who will go missing tomorrow.

Most of us have found out after the fifty five years that is advertised as our entry point that illness, death, heartbreak, disappointments, huge wonderful surprises and happy events that we have lived through do tend to make us more aware of what is good and what is useful and what is important.

We have 100,000 odd, um, people to pick as friends. I wish you as much luck as I have had. Being surrounded and supported by people who enjoy you and support you at this time in our lives is...priceless.

If you are lonely or sad or shy, my coffee pot is on and all you need do is message me.

Be prepared that I honestly, thoroughly and sincerely love this place.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Not good for him to express his....shortcomings...in such a way.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Deanna View Post
Not good for him to express his....shortcomings...in such a way.
This is exposed in more detail in the Villages Daily Sun in the Local section with the Public Safety Report on 10/07/2014.

Considering how many people there are in the Villages, we are very lucky to have so few incidents like this and over the last few years all of these covered by the OnLine source are also mentioned in the Villages Daily Sun.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
We who post and read this forum have known that there are all kinds of people here. I realized early on that The Villages didn't contain similar people although we are all similar in age. (DON'T START Jbdfan)

We are just as different as our high school class, our neighborhood back home, the people in our church or club and the people we worked with.

We are a spectrum of people, and some are easy to get along with and some are not.

Some have a moral compass and some do not. Some are happy and some are not. Some are financially secure and some are not. Some are healthy and some are not. We all have different value systems and some put eating healthily at the top and some put looking good at the top and some put their homes at the top and some put their church at the top and some put politics at the top, etc. etc. etc.

We have chosen to live here but the rule followers are having to deal with the rule breakers, the Democrats are having to deal with the Republicans and the not so rich are having to deal with the really rich and the young-old are having to deal with the old-old.

One thing we have in common is that there are far fewer years ahead of us than there are behind us and we need to suck the juice out of every day and enjoy this life because none of us know for sure who will go missing tomorrow.

Most of us have found out after the fifty five years that is advertised as our entry point that illness, death, heartbreak, disappointments, huge wonderful surprises and happy events that we have lived through do tend to make us more aware of what is good and what is useful and what is important.

We have 100,000 odd, um, people to pick as friends. I wish you as much luck as I have had. Being surrounded and supported by people who enjoy you and support you at this time in our lives is...priceless.
Gracie: Your words have the power to make us (at least me) reflect on life ... and how fortunate we all are having each other ... here in TV.
Our acceptance of our diversity helps everyone fulfill our dream here in The Villages.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
This is exposed in more detail in the Villages Daily Sun in the Local section with the Public Safety Report on 10/07/2014.

Considering how many people there are in the Villages, we are very lucky to have so few incidents like this and over the last few years all of these covered by the OnLine source are also mentioned in the Villages Daily Sun.
I agree with the highlighted area but starting threads like this seems like adding fuel to the fire. Really, is there any safety issue here? Why do incidents like this need to be relayed to everyone. It is NOT a public service message and it will not prevent things like this from happening. The only thing it will do is inspire copycats.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.