Is there a website that shows the outstanding bond amount?

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Platinum member
Default Is there a website that shows the outstanding bond amount?

I noticed that the Properties of the Villages web site never includes the price of the bond, either on new homes or previously owned homes. Is there a web site similar to the Sumter Country Property Appraiser that shows the bond amount? Without that information, it's really not possible to compare home sale prices on line. For example how much is the bond amount on a patio villa in Hillsboro?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Try this link: The Villages ~ FUN for LIFE

Believe it or not, some people don't take the bond (or lack of)into consideration when they are comparing homes.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Sage

The outstanding bond on a home certainly does impact the value. For example, when I bought in 2009, my bond on a resale home was $2,200. I have several friends who bought new in St. Charles and they all have a $20,000 bond. At tax time, I am paying about $1,600 less since my bond is so small.

As for a site that shows the bond amounts, I don't know. However, on new homes currently, the bond ranges from about $23,000 to $50,000. This is just one more reason to look at resale homes in established neighborhoods before rushing into buying a new home.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Try this link: The Villages ~ FUN for LIFE

Believe it or not, some people don't take the bond (or lack of)into consideration when they are comparing homes.
Thanks. This is exactly what I had in mind. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in 2 years and so there's no data for properties South of 466A. But for older areas it appears accurate based upon the few homes that I checked for the family. The data is likely part of the public record and only needs to be published in Adobe format.

The CDD web site has bond info for the newest areas broken down by unit and villa name which pretty much answered my question. http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...on_sumter.aspx
Old 08-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Go to districtgov.org, click on Bond Amortization Schedule, click on the District, click on the unit no. This will give you the amortization schedule for the original bond. Count down the number of years since the house was built and you should get the remaining bond. You will need the unit no. to do this.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Gold member

Disregard ... already answered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.