Airport Transportation

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Default Big Thumbs DOWN for Don Reid's Airport Service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
I've always had good experiences with Don Reid @ 352-446-8986.
I was searching for something else and happened to come across this recommendation for Don Reid for airport transportation. I completely disagree! He once literally left me stranded at the airport—he just walked away and left me there!

Fortunately I was able to reach Village Van Service, and they were able to put me on their next van. We not only will never use him again, we share this story every opportunity airport transportation service comes up.

I should add too that all he did while riding with him was bad-mouth Village Van Service. Competition is one thing; bad-mouthing is inappropriate. I learned only later that he had stood up a friend who had booked with him to go the airport, claiming that the friend had the wrong date. Wrong!
Old 02-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
We usually use the "Villages Airport Van", but we were very disappointed on our last ride home from the airport. The van was waiting for us and for 8 other customers. We were packed in like sardines. Took 1 1/2 hours to leave the airport, and another 1 1/2 to get home. We had 2 stops prior to getting to the Villages. One stop was in Plantation off of Hwy 27 (way out of the way). I'm so glad we were the 2nd drop off in the Villages. Felt sorry for the folks that had to travel to the northern end of the villages.
Our experience was not optimal with the Villages Airport Van. We took a redeye from out West and went to the pickup point at OIA..no Van..in fact, no Van for more than an hour and they advertise that they will be there when you are...didn't happen. So, we won't ever use them again.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, shuttle, recommendations, car, renting, wanted, couple, transportation, villages, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.