America's Healthiest Hometown

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Sage

I always chuckle when I think of the label "AMERICA'S HEALTHIEST HOMETOWN" then read about a recipe in the "Villages" newspaper that is loaded with salt, butter, cream etc.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 PM

Seeing how good the people in The Villages look takes the worry out of having birthdays.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Sage

Perhaps the secret to a healthier life is drinking more red wine.
VPL, don't shoot the messenger, I am kidding!

A glass of red wine is the equivalent to an hour at the gym, says new study - MyDaily UK
Old 02-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Perhaps the secret to a healthier life is drinking more red wine.

A glass of red wine is the equivalent to an hour at the gym, says new study - MyDaily UK

Bare - I like the way you think.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

One of the clearest non sequitur and short sighted statements I find on this forum is the one that goes something like this. "If you don't like it then move " or "you have options" meaning then move, etc.

If that statement had true validity then this country would never have come to fruition. The founding fathers didn't leave when they disagreed with the governing powers at the time, now did they? No they stayed and they formed the greatest democracy on earth, one, that nation after nation attempt to emulate

So too we find residents who have legitimate concerns and/or possible solution about this community but instead of getting support we have some residents who find a need to chide and discredit their concerns and dismiss them out of hand
Old 02-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
One of the clearest non sequitur and short sighted statements I find on this forum is the one that goes something like this. "If you don't like it then move " or "you have options" meaning then move, etc.

If that statement had true validity then this country would never have come to fruition. The founding fathers didn't leave when they disagreed with the governing powers at the time, now did they? No they stayed and they formed the greatest democracy on earth, one, that nation after nation attempt to emulate

So too we find residents who have legitimate concerns and/or possible solution about this community but instead of getting support we have some residents who find a need to chide and discredit their concerns and dismiss them out of hand
Can't argue with those observations, rubicon. But there are also a few who find fault with almost everything...and not in any constructive way that I can see. That is a totally different situation imho.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Perhaps one of the biggest charades here is the "Lifestyle Visit."

The Lifestyle Visit is nothing like living here. It is a complete charade under the pretense of being a Disney World for adults.

The only way to know what it's like to live here is to rent for a few months. There are those who have said, If I knew then what I know now . . ."
Old 02-02-2015, 04:29 AM
Sage
Default America's Healthiest Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Perhaps one of the biggest charades here is the "Lifestyle Visit."

The Lifestyle Visit is nothing like living here. It is a complete charade under the pretense of being a Disney World for adults.

The only way to know what it's like to live here is to rent for a few months. There are those who have said, If I knew then what I know now . . ."
Couldn't disagree more. And yes, we did the lifestyle visit...twice. It is what you make of it.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I always chuckle when I think of the label "AMERICA'S HEALTHIEST HOMETOWN" then read about a recipe in the "Villages" newspaper that is loaded with salt, butter, cream etc.
really? i lost 65 lbs eating food like that, just less of it. If I had to eat crappy 'diet' food I never would have stuck to it......
Old 02-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

[QUOTE=Barefoot;1004699][SIZE=3]Perhaps the secret to a healthier life is drinking more red wine.

Or perhaps about drinking the Kool-Aid and relocating to The Villages.

Studies are showing that socialization is a very important factor contributing to longevity. The Villages provides wonderful opportunities for socialization.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.