Anyone switch out a cabinet?

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Check with TV WOODSHOP..on ROLLING ACRES may be able to help you..be sure to take pics.
Also, I will give your request to my friend Tom,who does a variety of handyman and remodeling....
Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthtomnorma3 View Post
Check with TV WOODSHOP..on ROLLING ACRES may be able to help you..be sure to take pics.
Also, I will give your request to my friend Tom,who does a variety of handyman and remodeling....
I know someone that inquired if the woodshop could make about 12, fairly simple drawer fronts. They were told yes and the waiting list was something like 6 months.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:58 PM

Thanks everyone. I am going to give Bailey's another shot, perhap asking for someone in charge. If I don't get anywhere, I will go with one of the other options. I really want a new cabinet. The wine cabinet is a waste of space.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
We have an Iris and did the switch. Summers is the contractor. They did a great job and we are very glad we made the change.
Can you give contact info on Summers please. Is he an independant contractor or works for TV.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

For the question of the glass on doors and the inside being unfinished, I would suggest that you consider painting the inside of the cabinet the color of your kitchen - as an accent. I would do this in a minute - its all the rage in the magazines. Looks great inside of bookshelves etc.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbaru View Post
Same here. Bailey Industries is the company that installed ours. Removed the wine cabinet and installed two door cabinet. We paid around $450, January 2014. And I thought that was a rip off. $800 Sounds way too much! But I am glad we did it. We are just not wine drinkers and felt the open cabinet was a dust collector.
I gave the wrong information in my original post above.
I just came across my invoice for the cabinet replacement.
Done by Munz Design Inc.
$342.00 (Now I'm feeling good about the price!)
They removed and took with them the wine cabinet. Installed a new 2 door cabinet. This work was done December 2013, two months after closing on a new home.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Can you give contact info on Summers please. Is he an independant contractor or works for TV.

Thanks
Summers is a Villages contractor. I can't find my contact but I know we got their name from the warranty department.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 AM

Thank you. I'll contact both. I didn't get anywhere with Bailey's who installed the cabinets.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.