Anyone use Consumer Cellular?

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Platinum member
Default Anyone use Consumer Cellular?

I finally need to break down and get a new phone.
Consumer Cellular offers amazing prices, both for the device and the plan. Almost too good to be true. Has anyone had experience with them? Would love to hear any comments...good and bad.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:12 AM

My father has had Consumer Cellular for years and has had no complaints. One thing he likes is that you can go online and change your plan at anytime, if you see that you may run out of minutes on the plan you're currently on. Then when that month is over, just log back in and switch to a less expensive plan. He's never had any coverage issues, and when I talk to him on his cell phone it sounds like he's in the next room. When our current contract with AT&T runs out, I may switch to either Consumer Cellular or Cricket.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:05 PM

I have had Consumer cellular for several years now and are very happy with their service and price
Old 04-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Went with Cricket Wireless as soon as they opened their store in LaPlazaGrande on Bichara Blvd! $30/mo includes taxes and fees for unlimited talk, text, data with auto-pay! No problems with service in The Villages as well as from Maine to Florida!

Old 04-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Gold member

Been with Consumer Cellular for 5 years. Works here and in Michigan. Very happy.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,710 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
My father has had Consumer Cellular for years and has had no complaints. One thing he likes is that you can go online and change your plan at anytime, if you see that you may run out of minutes on the plan you're currently on. Then when that month is over, just log back in and switch to a less expensive plan. He's never had any coverage issues, and when I talk to him on his cell phone it sounds like he's in the next room. When our current contract with AT&T runs out, I may switch to either Consumer Cellular or Cricket.
I was impressed until you said he sounds like he is in the next room. I want people I talk to sounding like they are in the same room.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:57 AM

we have used Consumer Cellular for several years and are very pleased with the service and pricing. We have had no reception problems when we travel and it is good here.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Sage

We have been with CC for a few years and we love it. Great quality and great customer service. We switched from AT&T and cut our bill for two smart phones in half. CC uses AT&T and Tmobile towers. We specified that we wanted to connect to AT&T towers and they made it happen.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Platinum member

Thanks to all for your valuable comments!
Closed Thread

Tags
consumer, good, cellular, true, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.