ARC/Deed Restriction Compliance

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
That seems reasonable. If soft scape were banned, you wouldn't be able sod the area.
Not sure of the definition of "softs scape" but without ground cover there would be erosion leading to an ugly ditch between houses.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
We have read & reread the restrictions on this. Nothing is stated in the deed restrictions regarding ornaments, therefore it is legal.
I've heard that most of the gardening centers are now sold out of Fat Ladies with Polka-dot Underwear.
To Lake Deaton residents.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-24-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Sage

Softscape is an unofficial, non-technical term. All yard areas...especially drainage areas...should be sodded if no other use is approved.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I did not mean to imply you were not telling the truth. I will not apologize for stating my opinion.
Do not expect you to apologize!. But in the end its facts that dictates what is allowed, Not opinions.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Is it the ARC that you would complain to for someone that has a car parked on the grass or fences around their property?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

There are parts of Lake Deaton that are nothing like the rest of TV. Yesterday I went to a Rays game and on the way back we had to drop off someone who lived in Lake Deaton. His street 'Wading Heron Way' was the most beautiful homes I've seen in TV. The guy we dropped off paid $1.1 million for his home, and that doesn't include all the extensive landscaping and other stuff they had done. He said his neighbor owns 30 motorcycles and drives a different one everyday. I do believe they are not too concerned about lawn ornaments.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
There are parts of Lake Deaton that are nothing like the rest of TV. Yesterday I went to a Rays game and on the way back we had to drop off someone who lived in Lake Deaton. His street 'Wading Heron Way' was the most beautiful homes I've seen in TV. The guy we dropped off paid $1.1 million for his home, and that doesn't include all the extensive landscaping and other stuff they had done. He said his neighbor owns 30 motorcycles and drives a different one everyday. I do believe they are not too concerned about lawn ornaments.

Not too sure about that, the lawn ornaments I mean. About 3 houses down from Warnock on Heron way stood a beautiful half scale metal horse sculpture on the front lawn of one of these houses. Now it's gone. I can only surmise it was told to be taken down.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
" we shall fight (them) on the beaches,
we shall fight (them) in the streets and fields
we shall fight (them) in the hills" Sir Winston

He was obviously talking about Lawn Ornaments--
Old 06-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Not too sure about that, the lawn ornaments I mean. About 3 houses down from Warnock on Heron way stood a beautiful half scale metal horse sculpture on the front lawn of one of these houses. Now it's gone. I can only surmise it was told to be taken down.
That road doesn't have any through traffic, and as I posted earlier they're all close to a million dollars or more in price. If that horse was as beautiful as you say, someone has to be mighty jealous to want to have it removed.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:22 PM
Gold member

So, I have a question. Please be kind and don't make me look it up!!

If the homes on our side of the street BACK up to a main road, in our case it is Pinellas, are there restrictions on lawn ornaments, etc.?

I got the impression that the restrictions only apply to the front yard. Is it different if the BACK yard is in open view? In our case more people pass our back yard then the front yard. With 11 homes on our street backing up to Pinellas, I am wondering what the restrictions may be.

Thanks, to all who are aware of the fine print!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
So, I have a question. Please be kind and don't make me look it up!!

If the homes on our side of the street BACK up to a main road, in our case it is Pinellas, are there restrictions on lawn ornaments, etc.?

I got the impression that the restrictions only apply to the front yard. Is it different if the BACK yard is in open view? In our case more people pass our back yard then the front yard. With 11 homes on our street backing up to Pinellas, I am wondering what the restrictions may be.

Thanks, to all who are aware of the fine print!
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
Old 06-27-2015, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
I recently decided to construct a raised planting bed using landscape blocks. I presented the plan to The Architectural Review Committee. The Committee denied my request because it extended 3' into an easement I didn't know existed. It seems there are 12' between me and my neighbor and 10' of that is easement. They suggested just moving so there was no encroachment. I agreed and the project was approved (and almost completed).
I have since noticed there are numerous homes with construction extending well beyond a possible easement.
I have talked to a lot of my friends about this and none knew of any easements between homes. So I thought a "heads up" here was in order.
My advice is do not construct or plant without ARC approval. The process is pretty straight forward.
So many people moving into the Villages never take a good look at all there deed restrictions before signing there purchase agreement. They seem to be starstruck, and just want to have fun
Old 06-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Is it the ARC that you would complain to for someone that has a car parked on the grass or fences around their property?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
Old 07-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Does anyone know if any action has been taken against a homeowner that has lawn ornaments, has received a warning letter, but chooses to ignore the letter? Do they "enforce" this rule? Or do they send a letter and then do nothing?
Old 07-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I don't have a bird feeder for the same reason. Fortunately my story ended in the yard, not the garage!! I would let a neighbor know about unwanted guests just in case they didn't know.
We asked our neighbor to take down their bird feeder over a year ago and they haven't spoken to us since. They just moved last week.....
Closed Thread

Tags
easement, construct, committee, homes, talked, friends, lot, noticed, extending, construction, numerous, completed, plant, arc, approval, forward, straight, pretty, process, advice, easements, knew, thought, heads, order

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.