ARC/Deed Restriction Compliance

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Joyce, I think there was a big brouhaha a few weeks back because one single person drove around and made dozens of complaints by email.

There have been folks who built something tangible without permission and it extended into the no-no zone and it had to be removed, I remember reading that on this forum when we first moved here.. If you have a yard gnome that isn't under the eaves and it is reported, you need to tuck that guy under the eaves or put him in the back or you will get a fine if he is reported.

There has been a good deal of reporting and the yards are pretty much uncluttered south of 466 and south of 466A near Morse. I see a lot more "stuff" in people's yards near Lake Deaton when we go to visit friends. If someone reports them, they will be notified and if they don't comply they will be fined.

I know this because a close neighbor in our first neighborhood here had a BUNCH of yard stuff and she was very vocal about the process.

Covenants, deed restrictions and easements are totally different issues. In addition, deed restrictions and covenants vary throughout the Villages. For instance, in my neighborhood there are no restrictions regarding lawn ornaments while in nearby Marion County ornaments are forbidden. Easements are established boundaries providing for utilities, drainage and etc. ARC has very limited regulations in most areas and their decisions can easily be over ruled by your local CDD board on appeal.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We live in Lake Deaton, I know there are no restrictions regarding lawn ornaments, therefore anything goes even a replica of Michaelangelo's David if one so desires.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
We live in Lake Deaton, I know there are no restrictions regarding lawn ornaments, therefore anything goes even a replica of Michaelangelo's David if one so desires.
Article 5, Section 4--No ornaments - last sentence

Last edited by Challenger; 06-24-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Thank You for your opinion However the ARC told me directly and gave me guidelines to follow and one thing for sure is that you CANNOT put any scape onto or up to the property line which could possibly inhibit water flow or access to the underground utilities.
If you do not believe me feel free to check out the guidelines at the ARC offices. I am in District 9
I was told the same as above. A previous neighbor and I were going to do a COMMON privacy hedge between the houses, and to avoid a 4 ft grass area between the hedges, we contacted ARC about planting in the "drainage area", and we were told absolutely NO planting, especially NO ground cover in drainage areas.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default ARC/Deed Restriction Compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post

Last edited by RickeyD; 06-24-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Thank you for the info. I see this now. Don't know how I missed it. [emoji12]
Old 06-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
Thank you for the info. I see this now. Don't know how I missed it. [emoji12]
Understandable
Small print- kind of hidden

Sic em!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Speed reading?
Old 06-24-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Speed reading?

[emoji6]
Old 06-24-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Understandable

Small print- kind of hidden

Sic em!

[emoji6]
Old 06-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Lake Deaton, you are hereby on notice ! All lawn ornaments are to be gone by next Tuesday. And that includes all the fat lady's with the polka dot underwear !
Old 06-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Lake Deaton, you are hereby on notice ! All lawn ornaments are to be gone by next Tuesday. And that includes all the fat lady's with the polka dot underwear !
Is that the famous singing Fat Lady?
Old 06-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
We have read & reread the restrictions on this. Nothing is stated in the deed restrictions regarding ornaments, therefore it is legal. Believe me I am not a fan of lawn ornaments & there are some in my area that I am not a fan of. I do wish there was a restriction.
If you are in District 10 there is a restriction......not sure what you are reading. If you are not in District 10 you might have something different. Of course if someone objects to something you do to your home I guess the District will help with the interpretation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Covenants, deed restrictions and easements are totally different issues. In addition, deed restrictions and covenants vary throughout the Villages. For instance, in my neighborhood there are no restrictions regarding lawn ornaments while in nearby Marion County ornaments are forbidden. Easements are established boundaries providing for utilities, drainage and etc. ARC has very limited regulations in most areas and their decisions can easily be over ruled by your local CDD board on appeal.
There was an article recently about a lady that built a wall, had it painted a funky color which created a neighborhood revolt. The took it to Community Standards who tried to force the removal until they found the ARC approval then then backed off. I understand the CDD did the same thing since the CDD rarely challenges the decisions made by the District.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
A friend said there is a difference between hardscape and softscape. IMO mulch and plants are softscape; raised beds are hardscape. I would need to feel I was harmed, really harmed, before I took any action, including broaching the subject with the neighbor.
That seems reasonable. If soft scape were banned, you wouldn't be able sod the area.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
easement, construct, committee, homes, talked, friends, lot, noticed, extending, construction, numerous, completed, plant, arc, approval, forward, straight, pretty, process, advice, easements, knew, thought, heads, order

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.