Bad News for Villages Health Care

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2015, 02:57 PM

Medicare and Obamacare are two separate things. United Health is withdrawing from the exchanges, but will still sell policies directly to consumers. This has nothing to do with its Medicare business.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
The choice between bad or worse is not really Choice. these are very costly insurance plans and I do not know anyone saving the promiced $2500. Deception and lies.
People really need to get over promises made and not delivered. Its not about the you, its about the us. Millions have benefited and the few are still bitching. Roosevelt's New Deal was trashed by the few, now look how many millions of seniors it has kept out of poverty and will continue to do so as it has for the past 80 years.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
If you want super low copayments and deductibles then the platinum plans fit the bill. If you want higher copayments with a low out of pocket max then the silver is the way to go. Its not deception, it all depends upon on your individual medical needs and wants. I would much rather have many choices instead of just a few. Its not deception, its choice.
Not true - see my original post. The silver plan cost less, had lower co-pays, no deductibles than the platinum.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
People really need to get over promises made and not delivered. Its not about the you, its about the us. Millions have benefited and the few are still bitching. Roosevelt's New Deal was trashed by the few, now look how many millions of seniors it has kept out of poverty and will continue to do so as it has for the past 80 years.
More deception...it never stops.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Not just a few. According to the consulting firm McKinsey, insurers lost billions selling ObamaCare plans in 2014, and the losses are mounting again this year. On Friday, Aetna also conceded it is losing money on ObamaCare.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
More deception...it never stops.
I'm thinking I'll pour you a glass of 100 proof southern comfort, my treat, and we can lament the passing of the old guard.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Not just a few. According to the consulting firm McKinsey, insurers lost billions selling ObamaCare plans in 2014, and the losses are mounting again this year. On Friday, Aetna also conceded it is losing money on ObamaCare.
Makes absolutely no sense. These plans are not cheap, how can they be losing money ? I'm thinking they're playing a shell game. Trust no one, verify everything,
Old 11-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Makes absolutely no sense. These plans are not cheap, how can they be losing money ? I'm thinking they're playing a shell game. Trust no one, verify everything,
People who pay very little on premiums, get huge subsidies, with a lot of health problems middle aged boys living with mommy love these plans but unfortunately for the masses, it just does not work. The shell game IS ACA! Likelihood is that the insurance companies will be bailed out if ACA is to be saved from itself.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
People who pay very little on premiums, get huge subsidies, with a lot of health problems middle aged boys living with mommy love these plans but unfortunately for the masses, it just does not work. The shell game IS ACA! Likelihood is that the insurance companies will be bailed out if ACA is to be saved from itself.
Well, it worked for General Motors and where would the world be without the C7 Corvette.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
Actually anyone in Medicare or ACA needs to get on computer and check around. Probably won't find UHC the best option available.
I am on Medicare with BC/BS and changing to Care Plus next year for lower deductibles and RX costs. UHC was not even in the running price wise.
My wife had an ACA 2015 platinum plan with BC/BS that was increasing greatly next year. We found another BC/BS 2016 plan in the silver category for less money, and was a better plan than the platinum we had.
If you do a lot of research you will be surprised. I was SHOCKED.
If you switch to one of those mentioned will you still be able to utilize The Villages Healthcare System?
Old 11-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
You're forgetting the birth control pills, maternity benefits, and drug rehab you now get for "free".
Old 11-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
You're forgetting the birth control pills, maternity benefits, and drug rehab you now get for "free".
Good point. An al la carte concept would definitely cut costs. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Like any mega-program it'll go through growing pains.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
If you switch to one of those mentioned will you still be able to utilize The Villages Healthcare System?
Do not use Villages System - Use Premiere Medical and Citrus Cardiology. I and am very happy with their doctors and service. Prefer to choose my own doctors. As I said previously perhaps the best doctors in TV area are not in the Villages System.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
Do not use Villages System - Use Premiere Medical and Citrus Cardiology. I and am very happy with their doctors and service. Prefer to choose my own doctors. As I said previously perhaps the best doctors in TV area are not in the Villages System.
I can appreciate you preferences however it is not appropriate to tell others what they should do.about healthcare. What is good for one may not be appropriate for another. I am extremely happy with the Villages Healthcare System and will leave it up to others to decide for themselves.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Sage

Quote:

It makes sense if those with a preponderance of acute and/or chronic illnesses are on their plans.

The 'promise' of the ACA was that multitudes or young healthy individuals would be required to sign up. That would spread the risk for the plans.

Didn't happen.

Tags
health, care, medicare, insurance, villages, plans, united, news, year, system, bode, accept, action, announced, thrown, bus, situation, comments, talk, covered, patients, medical, hmo/ppo, advantage, companies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.