Banks in Pinellas Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Sage

Everywhere I've lived, it seems banks flock together like geese. If one opens a branch, seven others have to follow
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
[SIZE="4"]You would think that the banks under construction would have their sign out for creating business, if for no other reason, but they don't seem to do that.

SIZE]
B of A is the only one with a sign out. I hate it whenever you see a new building going up and there isn't a sign.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Are you sure they are all banks? Sometimes the bank that is financing a building will put up a sign. I've been fooled a few times thinking a bank was coming and it turned out it was something else.
If I remember correctly, there is one bank now and three more under construction.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

One kid banks at Chase; the other banks at BOA; we bank only online. If Chase & BOA open up in Pinellas, I will be one happy camper. Happy, easy birthdays and Christmases.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth P View Post
I for one am happy to hear (and hope it's true) that Wells Fargo is one of them. The closest one otherwise is on 466...I live in the far south end.
There is a Wells Fargo right in Wildwood on 301 in front of the shopping center that has the ACE Hardware!
Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

I guess you can never have too many banks.......

Maybe they are going to be like car dealers, several clustered in a single area....
Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

I think it's a herd mentality. Once a bank decides to move into an area all the other banks feel they have to be there or lose their customer base to the one that's closest to its customer base.

It's the same reason some corners have 4 gas stations, an Exxon, a Shell, a BP and probably an off-brand like Raceway.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:59 AM

In my earlier post, I referred to the First Street United Bank as being one of the three banks currently under construction. Actually it is the First Avenue National Bank.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
In my earlier post, I referred to the First Street United Bank as being one of the three banks currently under construction. Actually it is the First Avenue National Bank.
I guess they all want us to think they are first....that's why I think Fifth Third is so funny!!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:01 PM

I just wish that one of the new banks would be TD Bank, formally Commerce Bank, and one of the best customer service focused banks around. Advised their hdqts that they are missing an opportunity in TV.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
I just wish that one of the new banks would be TD Bank, formally Commerce Bank, and one of the best customer service focused banks around. Advised their hdqts that they are missing an opportunity in TV.
Same here Vladimir. There used to be a TD in Tavares but that one is now closed. Now we have a choice of Eustis or Ocala. There must be others around TV who use or have used TD and know what a great bank it is.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Default Good Looking

I for one am happy to have banks being built.... they usually keep their properties in very good condition... no loitering .... and pleasing architecture designs... beat fast foods for quality looks of our community
Old 09-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Location: The Villages (previous: Kittery & Eliot Maine, Portsmouth & Barrington NH, Uncasville CT)

I think some banks are smart to be conservative about opening new branches. How many new customers and money will they draw or will they just be servicing existing accounts that were opened in the north? They don't make money servicing. The only time I need to go into a branch is to go to my safe deposit box about once a year. We have income on direct deposit, bills on auto pay or e bill pay, a debit card for cash, I can electronically transfer between banks and send money to kids, and if I need to deposit a check I can do that with my smart phone.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Default Chase bank

I too spoke with the manager of the Chase branch on 441 by Lowes and she told me that a branch would be opening in the spring, 2015 in Pinellas Plaza. The Distric.gov web site shows a planning map of Pinellas Plaza and that map shows the branch scheduled to be built next to the new Marathon gas station. Not sure how old that plan is and if it's still on schedule. However, as a Chase account holder, I went one step further and contacted a Chase online rep and posed this question to him and his reply, which he confirmed twice, is that his records show that no Chase branch is scheduled to be built there. Not sure who is right and who is wrong but I sure hope that Chase does open a branch there. Would be very convenient for many acct holders
Old 11-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
There is a Wells Fargo right in Wildwood on 301 in front of the shopping center that has the ACE Hardware!
WF opens in December in Pinellas and the Wildwood branch closes sometime this month. I rarely go into a bank except to use the safe deposit box, everything else is ATM or online but will be nice to have them closer.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.