Beatles show at Savannah Ctr for St. Jude Research

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Default Beatles show at Savannah Ctr for St. Jude Research

This was a terrific show. It was a Beatles tribute show direct from Liverpool. If they ever come back again you have to see them. 2 sold out shows had the audience rockin'. Wonderful show sponsored by Fross & Fross for St. Jude Hospital Research, a very worthy charity.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

The band was very good - We'd see them again! Thanks for the memories!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
This was a terrific show. It was a Beatles tribute show direct from Liverpool. If they ever come back again you have to see them. 2 sold out shows had the audience rockin'. Wonderful show sponsored by Fross & Fross for St. Jude Hospital Research, a very worthy charity.
I agree with OP. I've seen numerous Beatles tribute bands including one that a friend of mine played with for 7 years. The group last night displayed excellent vocals (authentic British accent helped!), were very accomplished musicians, and had a well planned set of songs. Above all---very entertaining!

"Pros play until they can't get it wrong."
"Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of a bagpipe."-- Lee Trevino
Old 02-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,306 Times in 866 Posts

Checked their website. Not a lot of bio information but, they are scheduled on 50 cruises in 2016. Each ship is listed with the cruise dates for those cruising this year.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

They were very good. I'm going to see BritBeat tonight at the Orange Blossom Opry.

The Celbration was very good, but BritBeat is one of the top three or four Beatles tribute bands in the world. If you like the Beatles, don't miss these guys.

If you use the code word "maniacs" when you order, you'll get $2.00 off per ticket.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

I think BritBeat was the group we saw last night at Seabreeze with the Single Babyboomers group. I thought they were OK, but far from great. I admit I have not seen many Beatles tribute bands, but I do know the Beatles well. These guys, IMO, rushed the songs too much, they need to slow the words down while singing the songs. They were not very animated, especially Paul (was chubby and stiff acting). The second half when they changed into their Sgt. Pepper outfits, only George and Ringo committed to the entire outfit. John and Paul put on the long coats (wrinkled and messy) and still had on the black pants from their earlier suits. All-in-all, not really impressed. It was a fun night however.

Boogie, I would be interested in what you think of them after your see them tonight.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:52 PM

Great show...great music ...great cause.
The band donated their fee to St. Jude
Thank you Fross & Fross ( great opening remarks)
Old 02-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I think BritBeat was the group we saw last night at Seabreeze with the Single Babyboomers group. I thought they were OK, but far from great. I admit I have not seen many Beatles tribute bands, but I do know the Beatles well. These guys, IMO, rushed the songs too much, they need to slow the words down while singing the songs. They were not very animated, especially Paul (was chubby and stiff acting). The second half when they changed into their Sgt. Pepper outfits, only George and Ringo committed to the entire outfit. John and Paul put on the long coats (wrinkled and messy) and still had on the black pants from their earlier suits. All-in-all, not really impressed. It was a fun night however.

Boogie, I would be interested in what you think of them after your see them tonight.
That was definitely not BritBeat. It sounds like it might have been The Nowhere Band.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:13 AM
Veteran member

No it was not The Nowhere Band. Although I did not get their entire band name, they definitely said "Beat" as part of their name. Anyway, I hope they were better at your event, as I said they were OK, but far from great. Their accents were pretty good though, I will give them that. I thought Paul was terrible in just about every aspect, i.e. looks, hair, dress, singing and actions (mannerisms).
Old 02-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
No it was not The Nowhere Band. Although I did not get their entire band name, they definitely said "Beat" as part of their name. Anyway, I hope they were better at your event, as I said they were OK, but far from great. Their accents were pretty good though, I will give them that. I thought Paul was terrible in just about every aspect, i.e. looks, hair, dress, singing and actions (mannerisms).
The guys I saw last night were outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone interested in seeing an excellent Beatles tribute.

Karl Lornie of The Beatles Celebration came to our club meeting yesterday and we chatted for a bit. He explained to me that they just came over for this one gig and left most of their equipment back in Liverpool. It makes a big difference when these bands have the correct equipment and their own equipment. Playing with borrowed equipment can affect a performance.

There are several regional Beatles tributes in the area. I can't recall their names, but many have Beat in their names because The Beatles had beat in their names.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

This was my first Tribute band event. I'm going to have to check out others in the future. Sure wish I had seen the Beatles Celebration Band. I saw their picture in the online news and they look really good.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Eternal Member

I agree that those are very talented guys! Unfortunately, I could not be at this show but I have seen them twice on Celebrity cruises. I really enjoyed how they changed the time periods of the Beatles including hair styles and clothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
show, research, beatles, jude, fross, shows, sold, charity, rockin, worthy, hospital, wonderful, sponsored, audience, back, tribute, direct, terrific, savannah, ctr, liverpool

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.