Best of times and the worst of times.

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Sage

I think it's always a good idea to be careful when making a contribution to charity, to ensure the monies go where their suppose to, and not just to admin fees of people running an organization.

I have a hard time deciding if someone on the street is genuine or not. Whether the money given goes to something needed, as opposed to, something wanted.

A beggar asked a friend of mine for money, and she asked him if he was hungry as she would but him a sandwich, He refused her offer.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I will not enable someone asking for money, if that money goes for ill gotten purposes, or something that will affect their health negatively, like alcohol. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Sage
Default Best of times and the worst of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You have made me want to find a corner. You are a good man DBussone .

It is always right to "do for the least of them" as it says in the good book and the stranger at your door may be Christ if you turn him away.

I hope I am not mean. I only want to tell you that this is the time of the year that the "travelers", the gypsies from Romania, would come around. This is a true story. I worked in the Catholic Religious article store in Columbus when I was in school and every year during Lent the gypsies would come and they would come to our store and shoplift rosaries and Missals. I don't know why, but it would happen.

There are still gypsies and I imagine there are all kinds. I don't understand their way of life.

There are people truly in need and there are those who would take advantage of your kindness. You are all adults and don't need my advice.

You warm my heart with your kindness but I still want to watch out for you..

Don't find a corner or considered yourself mean, Gracie. I normally avoid pan handlers. This guy just had a different demeanor- like he felt defeated. And I have been very blessed. I just felt it was the right thing to do. And I think I made the right decision.

And I appreciate very much your having my back!

Last edited by dbussone; 02-23-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I appreciate GGs wisdom but every once in awhile an opportunity presents itself.

I drove to Gainesville yesterday to watch my eldest granddaughter play in a high school lacrosse game. As I pulled off I75 to turn left there was a gentleman with a sign asking for help. I called him over and handed him a bill. He blessed me and then looked down at the bill (it was a ten). He started crying when he saw what it was. I thanked him for blessing me by taking it. I was tearing up as I drove away. Whatever his motive, the tears were sincere. God has blessed me and I was happy to pass those blessings along.
You are a wonderful person.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
You are a wonderful person.

I appreciate your saying that but I consider myself a work in progress with quite a way to go.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.