Shame on the driver of a black late model sedan

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Default Shame on the driver of a black late model sedan

You know who you are. You endangered my grandchildren. We were riding in the golf cart lane in a rented 4 seater cart. You decided we had no right to use a residents gate so you sped by us on the right, cut in front of our cart, screamed obsentities at us and gave us the one finger salute all while screaming that we should be using the visitor gate. (oh btw, we've lived here full time for over 2 yrs) Try to explain to a 5 and 10 yr old why a man was screaming bad words at them. Sadly, the older one asked "do you think he has a gun?" You must be so proud knowing you scared small children.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb32162 View Post
You know who you are. You endangered my grandchildren. We were riding in the golf cart lane in a rented 4 seater cart. You decided we had no right to use a residents gate so you sped by us on the right, cut in front of our cart, screamed obsentities at us and gave us the one finger salute all while screaming that we should be using the visitor gate. (oh btw, we've lived here full time for over 2 yrs) Try to explain to a 5 and 10 yr old why a man was screaming bad words at them. Sadly, the older one asked "do you think he has a gun?" You must be so proud knowing you scared small children.
Was it street legal? I was thinking that regular carts usually do not have the right to pass through gates and then I remember two instances; Canal St. and the Belvedere gate. Surely their response was wrong, but were you by chance going through a gate that doesn't allow golf carts and driving into danger?

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Was it street legal? I was thinking that regular carts usually do not have the right to pass through gates and then I remember two instances; Canal St. and the Belvedere gate.
The only reasons a regular cart can't use a resident gate would be if they don't have a gate card or they don't have a finger to push the open gate button.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimball View Post
The only reasons a regular cart can't use a resident gate would be if they don't have a gate card or they don't have a finger to push the open gate button.

Gracie meant that there are many gates a cart can't use since they go out into roundabouts and thus only street legals would be allowed. But (as she mentioned) there are some.

There are many people driving in/around TV that should not be allowed to have a license. Hope your grandchildren still enjoyed their time here.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Gold member

Ya know once when I was visiting TV, I was still getting used to the golf cart thing and I made a wrong turn and found myself driving down a street where I should have NOT been on. I clearly realized my mistake and turned around. Some people shook their heads at me and some asked if I needed assistance. Thank you to the understanding folks!!!!!

BTW: I am better at it all now
Old 07-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

It is scary that some people are so angry they CANNOT control themselves. They've either lived their lives this way, or this behavior can be symptomatic of developing dementia. Either way, dangerous attitude to have behind the wheel, and especially terrible where children are involved.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Gracie meant that there are many gates a cart can't use since they go out into roundabouts and thus only street legals would be allowed. But (as she mentioned) there are some.

There are many people driving in/around TV that should not be allowed to have a license. Hope your grandchildren still enjoyed their time here.
There are many people driving all over the world that should not be allowed to have a license. TV is no different. In fact, I find the drivers in TV the be among the most courteous and safe of all the places in the world that I have driven. And that includes, Boston, Detroit, NYC and Manila, PH
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Well. I got to say I'm sad to hear your grandchildren had to witness such inappropriate behavior. I too hope they got to enjoy some better examples of citizenship from our fellow residents during their stay. Reminds me of when we first came here an I took a wrong turn onto a golf course path with the cart. Some golfers reacted as if I entered apon sacred burial ground while a couple of friendly golfers kindly told me I took a wrong turn. Oh Well.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I hope you got his plate # and called the Sheriff.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Unfortunate and sad incident BUT the OP never answered Gracies inital post as to what gate she was trying to enter with a golf cart!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Platinum member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Unfortunate and sad incident BUT the OP never answered Gracies inital post as to what gate she was trying to enter with a golf cart!
No matter what, there is absolutely no excuse for the behavior of that car driver. Unfortunately, addressing him on here won't do anything to change him because he most likely doesn't have time to read TOTV.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

I am so very sorry that you and your family were treated this way. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone to act the way this person did--and what a world we live in that your grandchild was worried about him having a gun. This is obviously a miserable person and I know he is the minority here.

Know you are enjoying having your grandchildren and family here with you---continue to do so and I hope this memory will soon be erased and replaced with happy ones.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 AM

This happened at the gate at Canal and Bonita (heading south). The driver sped off so fast (and quite honestly,I was pretty upset) we didn't get his tag number. The folks in a golf cart behind us saw the whole thing and did offer to give a witness statement if we called the sheriff but with no tag number, we decided to just get home and get the kids calmed down. Fortunately, the kids are fine and back enjoying their time in TV.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Sage

That is so sad! I've witnessed such behavior here as well...but it's been just a few times so it's the "rule"! Unfortunately "some" folks bring their bad-behaviors with them. I've always said, "if they do that sort of thing in public just imagine what they're like in their personal lives!"!!! Glad I don't have to live with someone like him!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
There are many people driving all over the world that should not be allowed to have a license. TV is no different. In fact, I find the drivers in TV the be among the most courteous and safe of all the places in the world that I have driven. And that includes, Boston, Detroit, NYC and Manila, PH
I agree, all in all TV drivers are very good
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.