Birdcage cost

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Default Birdcage cost

We were thinking of putting a birdcage over our 9' x 9' lanai. Does anyone know about how much this would cost? Who would you recommend for this job? Thank you.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

T&D...they do most of the new construction bird cages so have great experience over a wide range of house types. Large company with a physical presence....you can actually go talk to their designers and engineers at their place and if you need service you can walk in a door if you wish. They are more expensive than some of the individuals and small companies but they do great work.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordenny View Post
We were thinking of putting a birdcage over our 9' x 9' lanai. Does anyone know about how much this would cost? Who would you recommend for this job? Thank you.
Your lanai description (9'x9') is somewhat confusing. Are you going to expand your lanai into a larger birdcage? T & D did our birdcage which measures 265 sq feet. We added outlets and soffit lighting, acrylic deck finish etc and it was $11K. They also removed an oak tree in the process. T & D was the highest of our three bids but we used them anyway because of their superior design and outstanding reputation for finishing the job. We were very satisfied with the entire construction process, and would happily use T & D again. For reference, T & D was approx $2500 more than our lowest bid. Keep in mind when you get estimates that you must include every detail because every outlet, switch and light adds to the price. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:45 AM

Forget the birdcage. Take a look at a screened pergola. Call the Pergola Guy. They did mine and they did a great job. No money up front either.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 AM

T&D will charge you considerably more than anyone else. This is true for any service you get an estimate from them. If you search 'bird cage' you will find that there are many posts that are very happy with Brian Terry Vinyl. I just caution you to pay for the product and not the name.

BRIAN TERRY VINYL & ALUMINUM, INC.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:12 AM

Call Blake at Quality Aluminum in Leesburg. He put a 9X20 Birdcage on the back of our lanai and was reasonably priced. Started with a poured slab to bring the Birdcage floor level with the lanai. I've been in others were that was not done and it is a tripping hazard at night. We also had a sunbrella cover put on which eliminates the direct overhead sunlight and installed panels of " Florida Glass " at the sight line for privacy. Regular screening is below and above the 18" panels so the ventilation is not effected at all.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
T&D...they do most of the new construction bird cages so have great experience over a wide range of house types. Large company with a physical presence....you can actually go talk to their designers and engineers at their place and if you need service you can walk in a door if you wish. They are more expensive than some of the individuals and small companies but they do great work.
T&D are absolute artisans with concrete. They stood on top of 12 foot pillars and poured the stuff inside. I couldn't watch. Vera is such an amazing design person and gives you all kinds of choices for less expensive things. If I say much more someone will say I am a shill for them too. I think they are just amazing.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-02-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I had a 9' x 12" birdcage built over an existing concrete slab 3 years ago by All Around Aluminum (the same company The Villages used to build my Lanai enclosure). It included a heavier screen on top and one soft light. Cost, $2,600.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:18 AM

Had a 13' x 8' expansion put on a few weeks ago by White Aluminum (no concrete work involved). They were the lowest ($3,200) of 3 bids.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Get three quotes. I don't think it will be a lot. Birdcages are so nice and keep bugs off you. I love them.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesmom208 View Post
T&D will charge you considerably more than anyone else. This is true for any service you get an estimate from them. If you search 'bird cage' you will find that there are many posts that are very happy with Brian Terry Vinyl. I just caution you to pay for the product and not the name.

Brian Terry Vinyl did ours and we love it. I was in contact with the project manager by email and any question I had was handled promptly. We are very happy.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:04 AM
Veteran member

I had quotes on putting a pool in, expanded pool deck, and all screened in. T&d was at 15000 just on the screen enclosure. Ended up with another company. The enclosure was 7500.
always do the right thing and check and get more estimates.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
I had quotes on putting a pool in, expanded pool deck, and all screened in. T&d was at 15000 just on the screen enclosure. Ended up with another company. The enclosure was 7500.
always do the right thing and check and get more estimates.
What company did you end up with?
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Veteran member
Default Brian Terry did my birdcage = Happy Customere here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesmom208 View Post

We love our birdcage from Brian Terry and they were the cheapest of 4 estimates. T&D was the highest and I had to beg them to come out and that took 3 weeks...and another 2 weeks to get their price.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
What company did you end up with?
Yandles Spalsh Time Pools in Ocala. I upgraded my Filter to top of the DE Filter on the Pool, Xtra LED Lights, the pool deck is huge and bird cage pretty big. I have researched all companies, had many quotes. This is by far the best quote I got. Now I will not take anything away from T&D. I have worked with them cats for about 18 years. But money is money, To quote a movie line, not sure what movie, I think Jerry Maguire, "Its not about Sho_business, but its about Sho-Money" I like my money. I have found that if you get out and shop away from the local area, you can get some good prices.
I called All Seasons Pools. They told me originally that since I do not have a Village Address they can not serve me out of the Lady Lake Office. Told me to call the Sanford Office. I told them I live in a Villages Family Section, I have a unit and lot nubmer, and my house and warranty are the villages. Then they told me ok, but there pools start at 40000 for this area. That was a hint to GET AWAY FROM THEM.

Folks do youR shopping.

Last edited by GaryW; 10-05-2016 at 04:46 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
birdcage, cost, job, recommend, thinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.