Birdcage, Spa or Pool, Please share Pics

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Default Birdcage, Spa or Pool, Please share Pics

We are trying to decide if we should do a Birdcage with a Spa or Pool. If anyone could share their pics that could give us some ideas of what is possible it would be appreciated. Any round or unusually shaped pools would be great, it might be the inspiration we need to get started. We came off a cruise ship that had a 30' round pool that was a lot of fun, is that possible in The Villages?
Cheers,
Bob
Old 08-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Default CYV pool

Here is a pic of our pool with birdcage. It was designed to fit the shape of our lot by All Seasons Pool. Click on the pic and it will be right side up. Or maybe someone can flip it for me...Not sure why this happens, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	44549  
Old 08-31-2014, 05:34 AM

Nice pool. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:01 AM
Location: Formerly Village of Gilchrist, now Pensacola Villas
Default Our pool - GrandKid not included....

We love our pool. At first I did not want one, but hubby talked me into it. Glad he did! GrandKids love it also!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	854
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	44592  
Old 08-31-2014, 06:37 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

This is a 44 x 26 birdcage with a Michael Phelps Momentum Swim Spa
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF3638.JPG
Views:	822
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	44593   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	HappyHourgatheringplace.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	44594   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pool.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	44596  
Old 08-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We are thinking about doing a pool. Some of the most beautiful ones I have seen have had things like street lights and huge urn planters built in.

Here is a link to T and D's site showing a number of different pools around The Villages;

http://tdpools.com/gallery.php

I love the ones with Roman Columns.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:02 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Check out the two pools in the new Antrim Dells, one of them is in a birdcage you could have 200 people in. They are on East Torch Drive as you go in down on the right hand side, just before the community pool on the left. You can go in the gate to the yard and look. One has a little bar built in and the other has beautiful flowing planters.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:50 AM

We used T&D during build....very happy with results. Need to add solar heat to extend use but otherwise love it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8ebde964702ede5f50964972972ab454.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	888.6 KB
ID:	44603   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3926.JPG
Views:	1795
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	44604  
Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Gold member

Nice pool Sleeper!
Hi to Mrs. Sleeper.
See you guys soon.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

The following links show previously posted pictures of our pool:

1) https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...669-post7.html Pre-completion
2) https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...13-post10.html Finished
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 09-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Gold member
Default Birdcage

Pool and birdcage.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	526
Size:	903.7 KB
ID:	44620  
Old 12-16-2014, 11:58 AM

I am thinking of buying the Michael Phelps swim spa. Do you know can you get it is saltwater. Have you had mechanical problems with it?
thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Not A Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropoint1 View Post
We are trying to decide if we should do a Birdcage with a Spa or Pool. If anyone could share their pics that could give us some ideas of what is possible it would be appreciated. Any round or unusually shaped pools would be great, it might be the inspiration we need to get started. We came off a cruise ship that had a 30' round pool that was a lot of fun, is that possible in The Villages?
Cheers,
Bob
See Vera Martin at the T&D Pool and Spa office, I think it's on 466A. She is a fantastic pool designer. The pool company and screen division are all owned by T&D Concrete, so there is one-stop shopping by dealing with T&D Pool and Spa.

T&D is a fantastic pool contractor, having built the vast majority of the pools in The Villages. Their prices are competitive and the quality of their work is unsurpassed. They make it a point never to have an unhappy customer. As the result of an honest mistake they completely rebuilt our birdcage after the whole job was completed, something I don't think any other contractor would do.

Vera is the wife of Randy Martin, the former owners of T&D Pool, which they sold to T&D Concrete several years ago. She is a fantastic pool designer.

On the question of the birdcage, I wouldn't have an outdoor space here without one. They do a minor filtering of UV light, provide a modest amount of privacy, but more importantly they keep leaves, yard debris and bugs out of your pool. Without a birdcage all the leaves from flowers and trees will blow into the pool, making pool maintenance an unnecessary hard and time-consuming job. Can you imagine an open pool during the May and September love bug seasons? I sure can't.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
See Vera Martin at the T&D Pool and Spa office, I think it's on 466A. She is a fantastic pool designer. The pool company and screen division are all owned by T&D Concrete, so there is one-stop shopping by dealing with T&D Pool and Spa.

T&D is a fantastic pool contractor, having built the vast majority of the pools in The Villages. Their prices are competitive and the quality of their work is unsurpassed. They make it a point never to have an unhappy customer. As the result of an honest mistake they completely rebuilt our birdcage after the whole job was completed, something I don't think any other contractor would do.

Vera is the wife of Randy Martin, the former owners of T&D Pool, which they sold to T&D Concrete several years ago. She is a fantastic pool designer.

On the question of the birdcage, I wouldn't have an outdoor space here without one. They do a minor filtering of UV light, provide a modest amount of privacy, but more importantly they keep leaves, yard debris and bugs out of your pool. Without a birdcage all the leaves from flowers and trees will blow into the pool, making pool maintenance an unnecessary hard and time-consuming job. Can you imagine an open pool during the May and September love bug seasons? I sure can't.
Our birdcage pool and spa are near completion. Construction is happening while we are up north but, our fantastic neighbors have been sending us pictures and couldn't be more satisfied with T&D. We had decided what we wanted except for the spa's location which we wanted away from the pool...Vera came up with a design that worked in perfectly and one we would never had thought of. Vera is fantastic on design and Randy keeps everything on schedule. If you want a birdcage, pool or spa....I would look no further than T&D!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.