Brace Yourself Here Comes the Whining - The Villages is growing again

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 07:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default Brace Yourself Here Comes the Whining - The Villages is growing again

Great news out today in the paper, The Villages is set to grow again. 8000+ more acres. Not a surprise, the developers are continuing their family business of Developing properties. Good for them for having vision and being successful in their business.

Now the whining will start - it's too big, they're greedy, blah blah blah...

Break out the cheese to go with you whine.

Get over it people, The Villages wasn't too big when you bought your house, but now it is, have to love the "I've got mine.." attitude of some people.

Greedy, nope, just good at their business. Those with the "greedy" and "How much is enough" mind set need to look in the mirror. What were you thinking when you were amassing you retirement savings? It was OK for you to be part of a growing business and working towards your future, but when others are successful they're evil? That green eyed monster jealousy is looking back at you in the mirror.

Continued growth is very good for the area, if the growth stops, unemployment will go up and with it crime; and the safety we all feel living here in TV will quickly disappear.

This much growth will surely bring much needed commercial growth with it that will be good for everyone.

If you haven't noticed, there is the beginnings of a decoupling process going on in TV. Do the people in the BW area really care what's happening in SS or even LSL? Do the people in the SS area really care what is going on in the BW area or Finney? More and more the answer is no. There's enough going on in everyone's local area that the distant areas of TV have little impact on our lives, this process will continue. Does this mean TV will fracture, likely not, it does mean lots of new options for recreation and commerce. This is the same process all cities go through as they grow and thrive.

To the developers I wish nothing but the best of luck in this new growth spurt. Bring on the bulldozers!
Old 01-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Did I hear right? The latest number is 157,000 residents?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 AM

Can we now remove the words "build out" from our vocabulary? Keep going Morse family. Do not listen to the complainers. Look out Georgia, here we come.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I thought I read 113,000 Villages only residents.

The whole census region might be 157, though.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Eternal Member

Woo Hoo !!!
If land is going to be developed, I would rather the Villages develop it than anyone else. At least we know they take pride in what they build and everything is done right.
I say more power to them.
The whiners can just stay home if they don't like it.
Almost 17 years here and I still love it.

Build out??!! We don't need no stinking build out. LOL
Old 01-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Woo Hoo !!!
If land is going to be developed, I would rather the Villages develop it than anyone else. At least we know they take pride in what they build and everything is done right.
I say more power to them.
The whiners can just stay home if they don't like it.
Almost 17 years here and I still love it.

Build out??!! We don't need no stinking build out. LOL
Couldn't agree more Bonny. They do a great job even though some don't think so. Go look at other developments and look what they don't have that we do. Keep going KeyWest is a long ways away. A little tough by Golf Cart but so what!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Platinum member

Living north of 466, development of the Village of Fenney will have little impact on our lifestyle. More power to the Morse family for creating what looks to be a very beautiful area to live.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:19 AM

We lived in South Florida for 7 years, awful traffic, poor planning. Here we have good planning. Yes, it is a little difficult during snowbird season. I do have a major concern, water. Do we have sufficient water for this continued growth? Anyone up to date on this?
Old 01-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
So if you like TV, move to Miami...it will be even better!!

Yeah, right.
We just visited friends and family in the Ft. Lauderdale, Boca, Delray Beach area. Two thoughts:

1. Very expensive!
2. The folks down there drive worse than the folks in TV.

We have it very good here in The Villages!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:23 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

You haven't seen nothing yet! Wait until the entrance and exit to the Florida Turnpike is completed. Maybe in a few years we really will get a Costco.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
I thought I read 113,000 Villages only residents. The whole census region might be 157, though.
Circletrack got it right. The Villages is about 113,000-115,000. The Metropolitan Statistical Area, known as The Villages MSA, is all of Sumter County and is about 157,000.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

..."and the Villager crowd goes wild" !!

Old 01-27-2017, 10:06 AM

I was a little confused by the Daily Sun article. Is that 8000 new acres, or is Finney part of the 8000 acres?

Just curious.....
Old 01-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveczo View Post
We lived in South Florida for 7 years, awful traffic, poor planning. Here we have good planning. Yes, it is a little difficult during snowbird season. I do have a major concern, water. Do we have sufficient water for this continued growth? Anyone up to date on this?
There must be, about to award a million gallons a day to a cattle farmer near Ocala.....................
Old 01-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueorange View Post
I was a little confused by the Daily Sun article. Is that 8000 new acres, or is Finney part of the 8000 acres?
Just curious.....
The article states, "That includes the community's newest neighborhood, the Village of Fenney, announced last May ..." It seems clear to me that Fenney is included in the 8,000 acres.
Closed Thread

Tags
growth, area, business, good, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.