Brace Yourself Here Comes the Whining - The Villages is growing again

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
For those who are unhappy, Look Here!

Brand New!! $145,000 in a 55+ Community, within 30 miles of TV with an 18 hole executive golf course.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Rolling Greens Mhp - Homes For Sale and Rent
I assume that you know that MHP stands for Mobile Home Park. You can buy nice mobile homes in the historic district for the same kind of money.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Everybody wants a Trader Joe's and a Cosco, but nobody wants the population increase that could trigger those perks.
The Villages is already larger than Ocala, Leesburg, Summerfield. Fruitland Park and Bellevue combined.

If a retail business would consider opening in Ocala, they should consider The Villages. There are more people here and it's centrally located between Ocala and Leesburg, the other two major population centers.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What he said above (although I never have had a membership to BJ's Warehouse).
Cosco doesn't give two ****es about the disabled. We had multiple experiences in Jacksonville to verify it.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I assume that you know that MHP stands for Mobile Home Park. You can buy nice mobile homes in the historic district for the same kind of money.
Of course I know that, I put the link in that you followed, I posted the pictures from one of the homes for sale that you see. My point is, TV is not the only choice for retires.

Mobile Homes for sale in the historic district are not new, they may be nice, but $145K will not get you the same home I showcased. In fact, in this area, brand new manufactured homes in a retirement setting with golf course, pool, club house, can only be found in Water Oak Estates. There a new manufactured home of equal value is selling for $160,000 plus. The home I displayed at $145K was actually the most expensive in Rolling Greens, they have many new homes on the market for well under $100K.

For example, this home is for sale in Rolling Greens for $74,000. I'm sure there is no mobile home on the historic side that can compare at this price.

The Villages Florida
Old 05-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Of course I know that, I put the link in that you followed, I posted the pictures from one of the homes for sale that you see. My point is, TV is not the only choice for retires.

Mobile Homes for sale in the historic district are not new, they may be nice, but $145K will not get you the same home I showcased. In fact, in this area, brand new manufactured homes in a retirement setting with golf course, pool, club house, can only be found in Water Oak Estates. There a new manufactured home of equal value is selling for $160,000 plus. The home I displayed at $145K was actually the most expensive in Rolling Greens, they have many new homes on the market for well under $100K.

For example, this home is for sale in Rolling Greens for $74,000. I'm sure there is no mobile home on the historic side that can compare at this price.

The Villages Florida
I don't know if there are any for sale at this time, but many people have replaced their old manufactured homes with newer models and you might be surprised how nice some of them are. I have a neighbor who had a house fire and had a new home put in about three years ago. It's absolutely beautiful and compares with the one that you showed. I would think that it would sell for around
$150,000.

But you are absolutely correct. You can buy homes at all price levels for less money outside The Villages. The old adage in real estate is that location is everything. But as you say, if you are unhappy here, there are plenty of other places you can go.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I don't know if there are any for sale at this time, but many people have replaced their old manufactured homes with newer models and you might be surprised how nice some of them are. I have a neighbor who had a house fire and had a new home put in about three years ago. It's absolutely beautiful and compares with the one that you showed. I would think that it would sell for around
$150,000.
I see your point, there are newer manufactured home in the historic side, but they were put there by the property owner, not the developer. Of course I know the developer has been buying older homes as they come on the market and replacing them with stick built homes and probably someday every manufactured home will be gone. For those who like Ocala and would like a new manufactured home in a retirement setting, Rolling Greens is a great answer.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
For those who are unhappy, Look Here!

Brand New!! $145,000 in a 55+ Community, within 30 miles of TV with an 18 hole executive golf course.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Rolling Greens Mhp - Homes For Sale and Rent
The pictures look nice, and I'm sure the homes are attractive. However.....

18 holes of executive golf vs. 306 holes of championship and 342 holes of executive golf

Looks like one rec center vs. many dozens

looks like 1 or 2 pools vs. about a hundred

can you go to the store in a golf cart?

Or to restaurants?

Their "golf course" is 2500 yds., has 5 par 4's , 4 of which are between 160 and 180 yds., and the "long" one is 272 yds. The longest par 3 is 138 yds. They need to check on what qualifies as a par 4, to start with. Then maybe add a few windmills and clown heads, and hand out putters with the colored rubber balls. Then it MIGHT be a challenge, maybe not.

No thanks, I think I'll be staying here.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The pictures look nice, and I'm sure the homes are attractive. However.....

18 holes of executive golf vs. 306 holes of championship and 342 holes of executive golf

Looks like one rec center vs. many dozens

looks like 1 or 2 pools vs. about a hundred

can you go to the store in a golf cart?

Or to restaurants?

Their "golf course" is 2500 yds., has 5 par 4's , 4 of which are between 160 and 180 yds., and the "long" one is 272 yds. The longest par 3 is 138 yds. They need to check on what qualifies as a par 4, to start with. Then maybe add a few windmills and clown heads, and hand out putters with the colored rubber balls. Then it MIGHT be a challenge, maybe not.

No thanks, I think I'll be staying here.
I can't get into a debate about the homes, the $74,000 for a new manufactured home is probably what you paid in just the upgrades on a designer on a golf course lot. For those of us on a budget, I mean a tight budget. A new home with the features of this home for $74,000 is worth investigating.

You list the facilities here like options on a car. I have not been in a rec center since April 2014 when I took a zumba class with my wife. I joined MVP in May of 2014 and that place has totally consumed my free time for the most part, and yet it is not part of TV amenties. I've been in the neighborhood pool once in the last 3 years. I don't play pickleball, or tennis and I would of said softball here was my biggest draw. However, last year after I had pneumonium I was diagnosed with COPD and I can no longer run any great distance.

I think amenties are different to every person. I haven't played an executive course since 2013. They just aren't that much fun to me. The championship courses I would love to play more, but for $55 a round I've been stuck playing just 9 holes all winter. Now with summer, we have the great prices and I need to make up for lost time. My biggest draws to TV are the Villages Medicare Advantage, no premiums can't be beat. Also the VA Medical Facility at Mulberry is great for me, I get care there plus my medications. The music at the squares, I was there last night at LSL to see Johnny Wild for the tenth time. The movie theaters here have also drawn me back. I was never a fan of going to the mall to see movies with a million kids screaming, now it's a pleasure to go see a film. That's the things that keep me here, not 500 holes of golf when I can't afford to play 18.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
I can't get into a debate about the homes, the $74,000 for a new manufactured home is probably what you paid in just the upgrades on a designer on a golf course lot. For those of us on a budget, I mean a tight budget. A new home with the features of this home for $74,000 is worth investigating.

You list the facilities here like options on a car. I have not been in a rec center since April 2014 when I took a zumba class with my wife. I joined MVP in May of 2014 and that place has totally consumed my free time for the most part, and yet it is not part of TV amenties. I've been in the neighborhood pool once in the last 3 years. I don't play pickleball, or tennis and I would of said softball here was my biggest draw. However, last year after I had pneumonium I was diagnosed with COPD and I can no longer run any great distance.

I think amenties are different to every person. I haven't played an executive course since 2013. They just aren't that much fun to me. The championship courses I would love to play more, but for $55 a round I've been stuck playing just 9 holes all winter. Now with summer, we have the great prices and I need to make up for lost time. My biggest draws to TV are the Villages Medicare Advantage, no premiums can't be beat. Also the VA Medical Facility at Mulberry is great for me, I get care there plus my medications. The music at the squares, I was there last night at LSL to see Johnny Wild for the tenth time. The movie theaters here have also drawn me back. I was never a fan of going to the mall to see movies with a million kids screaming, now it's a pleasure to go see a film. That's the things that keep me here, not 500 holes of golf when I can't afford to play 18.
Nice post. Sums up well that every place should judged individually. What works for one may not work for another.

(And...my compliments for expressing a different opinion in a very non-confrontational, factual, respectful manner. That is too often lacking here. )
Closed Thread

Tags
growth, area, business, good, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.