Brace Yourself Here Comes the Whining - The Villages is growing again

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Default A little more fuel for the fire

Just to add a little more fun the the growth issue...
Last January a company called COW Hammock LLC purchased about 1100 acres on the north side of 44 near the county line west of I-75.

A quick look at corporationwiki.com and who's name appears, none other than members of the Morse family. Could this be more growth?

What could you possibly do with this much land???

And no, this is not the hunting camp land that was purchased a few years ago in Marion county a few years ago by the same company. Nor is this part of what was shown in the paper today.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 065 Jan. 27 15.32.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	65612   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 066 Jan. 27 15.38.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	65613  

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 01-27-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:13 PM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Great news out today in the paper, The Villages is set to grow again. 8000+ more acres. Not a surprise, the developers are continuing their family business of Developing properties. Good for them for having vision and being successful in their business.

Now the whining will start - it's too big, they're greedy, blah blah blah...

Break out the cheese to go with you whine.

Get over it people, The Villages wasn't too big when you bought your house, but now it is, have to love the "I've got mine.." attitude of some people.

Greedy, nope, just good at their business. Those with the "greedy" and "How much is enough" mind set need to look in the mirror. What were you thinking when you were amassing you retirement savings? It was OK for you to be part of a growing business and working towards your future, but when others are successful they're evil? That green eyed monster jealousy is looking back at you in the mirror.

Continued growth is very good for the area, if the growth stops, unemployment will go up and with it crime; and the safety we all feel living here in TV will quickly disappear.

This much growth will surely bring much needed commercial growth with it that will be good for everyone.

If you haven't noticed, there is the beginnings of a decoupling process going on in TV. Do the people in the BW area really care what's happening in SS or even LSL? Do the people in the SS area really care what is going on in the BW area or Finney? More and more the answer is no. There's enough going on in everyone's local area that the distant areas of TV have little impact on our lives, this process will continue. Does this mean TV will fracture, likely not, it does mean lots of new options for recreation and commerce. This is the same process all cities go through as they grow and thrive.

To the developers I wish nothing but the best of luck in this new growth spurt. Bring on the bulldozers!
Wait a minute.

Your post warning about whiners started by whining about whiners.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Gold member

Can't wait to drive the golf cart path from Key West to Havana...I guess I will need a gas cart for that...Whine!

Last edited by MorTech; 01-27-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:28 PM

Haven't seen the article.
Does it say it will be a extension of the villages or at least a retirement community or is that just an assumption?
Old 01-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Having had membership at both stores (currently only at Sam's), the only difference I can tell is that Costco has more letters in it's name
It depends on the individual store. The Sam's in Ocala on 200 is much larger then the one here in Lady Lake.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

157,000 according to
Wikipedia

It was 110,000 in 2014 according to this Bloomberg article.
Fastest-Growing Metro Area in U.S. Has No Crime or Kids - Bloomberg

I can't imagine that we've only grown by 3,000-5,000 in three years. Especially where this article says that we're growing by 5% per year.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Veteran member

Have been away from posting on TOTV as many of the postings became same old, same old. However, today I wanted to find out what's being said. Yes, more powers to the Morse's. The place is so clean, beautiful and cozy, indeed like a small Village even if the place is huge. I always anticipate what new things they are planning. Beautiful sculptures in Brownwood was so wonderful. Really enjoying Sharon Studio Theater in Tiel del Sol. Paper mentions a park. Wonder if they are planning an English park or maybe a Japanese park? Indeed now we can get Whole Foods, COTSCO and Trader Joe's? Definitely COTSCO is hands down over Sam's. How about Wegman's. Wonder if City of Wildwood will rearrange themselves so we can visit more often there instead of making a trip to South Park Avenue, Winter Park with so many nice restaurants. Yes, no mention about a country club or ways to get to Fenney via golf cart but am sure Morse's have thought all of it through. Should be lot of fun.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
... How about Wegman's. ...
If only...
Old 01-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
Haven't seen the article.
Does it say it will be a extension of the villages or at least a retirement community or is that just an assumption?
Link to story in Post #17
Old 01-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Having been a member of Sam's Club, Costco and BJ's Warehouse, I'd prefer a Costco hands down over the other two. Selection is better for the stuff my wife and I like, quality is better for the house brands of the products we like and the employees are far more friendly and helpful.
Have membership at both, what one does not carry the other does
Old 01-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
The Villages wasn't too big when you bought your house, but now it is, have to love the "I've got mine.." attitude of some people.

Greedy, nope, just good at their business. Those with the "greedy" and "How much is enough" mind set need to look in the mirror. What were you thinking when you were amassing you retirement savings? It was OK for you to be part of a growing business and working towards your future, but when others are successful they're evil? That green eyed monster jealousy is looking back at you in the mirror.

Continued growth is very good for the area, if the growth stops, unemployment will go up and with it crime; and the safety we all feel living here in TV will quickly disappear.

This much growth will surely bring much needed commercial growth with it that will be good for everyone.

If you haven't noticed, there is the beginnings of a decoupling process going on in TV. Do the people in the BW area really care what's happening in SS or even LSL? Do the people in the SS area really care what is going on in the BW area or Finney? More and more the answer is no. There's enough going on in everyone's local area that the distant areas of TV have little impact on our lives, this process will continue. Does this mean TV will fracture, likely not, it does mean lots of new options for recreation and commerce. This is the same process all cities go through as they grow and thrive.

To the developers I wish nothing but the best of luck in this new growth spurt. Bring on the bulldozers!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Having been a member of Sam's Club, Costco and BJ's Warehouse, I'd prefer a Costco hands down over the other two. Selection is better for the stuff my wife and I like, quality is better for the house brands of the products we like and the employees are far more friendly and helpful.
Agreed 100% on all counts

Old 01-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I agree.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Platinum member

We live just south of 466A (Gilchrist) and my husband jokes
we may end up being in the middle of T.V.

Fenney is 10 miles from us going south on Morse Blvd.
I think it's going to be an independent place of it's own.
Won't be surprised if the 4th town square goes in there.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Great news out today in the paper, The Villages is set to grow again. 8000+ more acres. Not a surprise, the developers are continuing their family business of Developing properties. Good for them for having vision and being successful in their business.

Now the whining will start - it's too big, they're greedy, blah blah blah...

Break out the cheese to go with you whine.

Get over it people, The Villages wasn't too big when you bought your house, but now it is, have to love the "I've got mine.." attitude of some people.

Yep that's what they said in Houston in the 1980's until the housing market fell apart because of over saturation causing people literally to walk away from their homes
the only winner in this continuing saga are those selling land and developing on it. Home buyers will have plenty of time to think about it as they sit in traffic or stand in a line at a store. Who the heck would celebrate over crowding. Geezzz
Closed Thread

Tags
growth, area, business, good, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.