Breakers Tripping in Neighborhood

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2015, 01:14 PM

The breakers are under warranty- but if you are over the 1 yr warranty, there is a fee for the service call. I guess it would depend on the company you use. R&A is charging $75 for the service call to replace.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:19 PM

Interesting that Galaxy is not charging for the service call to do the replacement. I would think the replacements need to be done by the company that put them in. I will check with R & A to see if they have to be the company to do the replacement.
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo11 View Post
The breakers are under warranty- but if you are over the 1 yr warranty, there is a fee for the service call. I guess it would depend on the company you use. R&A is charging $75 for the service call to replace.
1 year has nothing to do with the replacement.

I know of several companies that replaced at no cost.

Who is R&A
Old 10-14-2015, 06:57 PM

R&A Industries, Inc.- residential / commercial contractors., Electrical, air & heat, plumbing.
When I called warranty, they gave me R&A as the contractor that did the electrical work. They gave me their phone # & said to call them. R&A told me there is a $75 service fee.
I will call them in the morning & find out if I have to use them & question the servic fee.
It s worth a try.
Thanks!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
Galaxy is replacing ours @ no charge, Eaton pays for the replacement. Our home is almost 4 yrs old.
Ditto here. 4 year old house. We are second owners. Warranty dept called Galaxy for us, they replaced all AFCI breakers. No service charge. No hassle and no complaints.

Love the villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
breakers, garages, feeble, elderly, happen, answers, make, fix, time, neighbors, including, fernandina, tripping, neighborhood, live, village, trip, started, happened, night, morning, worry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.