Old 10-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Default Comcast Increase

Sign-up price September 2011 EXFINITY Bundled Services $99.00

Price increase September 2012 EXFINITY Bundled Services $114.99

Price increase September 2013 EXFINITY Bundled Service $144.99

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Sage

Just call them, ask for the retention dept, and say you are going to cancel. They will give you a good deal.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Buggone is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Just call them, ask for the retention dept, and say you are going to cancel. They will give you a good deal.
I agree, I've called every year for the past 4 years regarding promotions that they cancelled on bill, only to find out that there are NEW promotions that will more than cover any increase.....I know that it is a pain in the you know what but we like comcast because the service suits us best, but you must call and threaten cancellation b4 they ACT, if that doesn't work ask for the supervisor!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

Sleazy business practice, if you ask me, which you didn't.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

that is the same deal our friends signed up for - they knew the rates at the time they signed up. i thought they said that the rate is then frozen at the max rate shown.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Gold member

Did that retention dept. call a few times and then they said no more. At that point our bundle (TV, Internet, Telephone) without any premium TV channels was over $200.00month (tax included). After over 14 years as a customer who paid all bills on time, I switched to Centurylink last December and have basically the same bundle. Total Bill is now $132.05 ( including taxes) Find it much easier to speak with Centurylink reps and they do respond to customer calls.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
that is the same deal our friends signed up for - they knew the rates at the time they signed up. i thought they said that the rate is then frozen at the max rate shown.
Found out that "frozen rates" are not forever and once they de-frost you can expect a bill increase every few months.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Gold member

Sounds like Century Link has the better deal??
Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Sounds like Century Link has the better deal??
I neglected to mention that we got the Prism TV Bundle and not the Direct TV Bundle that they also offer. Don't know if it's available in all areas, but certainly worth asking about. Some folks have also indicated that Comcast offers faster internet speeds, but I have not seen a difference. One last point, in some areas of the Villages, Bright House is the provider and others will have to speak about their experience with them and their rates.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,300 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I agree, I've called every year for the past 4 years regarding promotions that they cancelled on bill, only to find out that there are NEW promotions that will more than cover any increase.....I know that it is a pain in the you know what but we like comcast because the service suits us best, but you must call and threaten cancellation b4 they ACT, if that doesn't work ask for the supervisor!
Last May took all our Comcast equipment to the office on US 441 and cancelled. My bill reached the 200.00 month mark and I had enough of their inadequate customer service and BS.

There are several Threads on TOTV regarding Comcast and most of the posts are complaints about their lack of customer service.

Go with Century Link and/or Brighthouse for Internet and or phone/cable or switch to Direct or Dish for your cable. I don't get upset often but I had all of Comcast that I ever want.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

A few months back I took the triple play....tv, phone and internet...with Comcast at $99.00/month. Well....problems right out of the gate with extra installation charges. I finally got that refunded. Every month since, except the most recent, I have had to call to correct their "errors". Can't help but wonder how many people don't catch the errors, particularly if they are set up with auto pay. Last month I got a rep on the phone who seemed to actually understand what I was supposed to be paying. She corrected my bill by almost $50, and this past month the bill was correct.

I would have cancelled them a couple of months into it, but after paying all the installation charges, it didn't seem like a good move. Hope the new, correct, bill amount stays that way for a while.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Found out that "frozen rates" are not forever and once they de-frost you can expect a bill increase every few months.
will share with my friends - they are still skating on the frozen!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.