In broad daylight villagers at it on a utility box at Morse and El Camino

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-325 View Post
Her friends know I have been planning to move us down to The Villages in a few years. This type of news always gets brought up to her and she gets embarrassed.

Geez....
The only reason this is getting attention, is because it (almost) rarely happens.
I could tell you a lot of stories that happened in Boston Gardens/Commons during the 70s, 80s (don't ask please)...
Old 10-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
The only reason this is getting attention, is because it (almost) rarely happens.

I could tell you a lot of stories that happened in Boston Gardens/Commons during the 70s, 80s (don't ask please)...

And '60s [emoji1]
Old 10-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
However, you do have to ask yourselves - "Who were these 2 people hurting?"

From what I read, they were behind a walled off area and not directly next to the road in full view of everyone. The incident was called in by a worker who saw what was happening.

Of course this is not the type of behavior that should be condoned or encouraged but it is a victimless crime. Yes, exposing oneself in public is a criminal act and the policeman did the right thing to arrest them - and they are not the cream of society - but no one was harmed by this incident.

What would you rather have happen at 8:45 a.m. ... a drunken, amourous couple getting it on behind a walled off area OR a store being robbed by an armed robber on Main Street of Spanish Springs?
Comparison???? I'd rather not have either one!!! As far as being harmed, I think we as citizens in The Villages, are harmed for the reputation of The Villages. Common sense and logic must prevail. I mean really?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Just picked this up from the on-line news...a potentially shocking act. They are both "underage" Villagers (40 and 47) and "had nowhere else to go" so one claimed.

How about finding a less busy intersection, under a tree, bush or even a room?

Is some sort of contest going on or is it mating season in The Villages?

Any electric suggestions for a new drink?
Let's go to the video!!!!!

Seriously, another episode to be picked-up by the media and skewers the perception of the total population. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
And '60s [emoji1]
Honestly....I didn't think anyone could see us.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Just got this from friends who reside in another retirement community, Laguna Woods Village: Another Couple Arrested For Public Sex At Giant Florida Retirement Community | The Smoking Gun

More "intimate" details than in the on-line publication which we cannot link.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Sage

An occasion of sin, Fr. John A. Hardon writes in his indispensable Modern Catholic Dictionary, is "Any person, place, or thing that of its nature or because of human frailty can lead one to do wrong, thereby committing sin."

Now I find myself staying away from gazebos and utility boxes too. Please don't get caught on an executive golf course.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Honestly....I didn't think anyone could see us.

Now that's a hoot! With all those "love-ins?"
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Gold member

Just an unintended consequence of Obamacare. You got your free contraception, but they forgot to provide a free place for folks to use them.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Eternal Member

Once again, this was a victimless crime. Who got hurt except the reputation of the couple? The Villages got smeared by Andrew Blechman in his "Leisureville" book so there is no going back on that - and that was about senior sex activities.

No one got physically injured in this escapade. No one got scarred for life in this escapade.

Neither participant is a stellar citizen but what difference does it make?

Both participants made a very poor judgement call - they will be punished. Don't make them out to be a Bonnie and Clyde. NO ONE GOT HURT!!

'Nuff said.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Once again, this was a victimless crime. Who got hurt except the reputation of the couple? The Villages got smeared by Andrew Blechman in his "Leisureville" book so there is no going back on that - and that was about senior sex activities.

No one got physically injured in this escapade. No one got scarred for life in this escapade.

Neither participant is a stellar citizen but what difference does it make?

Both participants made a very poor judgement call - they will be punished. Don't make them out to be a Bonnie and Clyde. NO ONE GOT HURT!!

'Nuff said.
Nuff said????? Are you kidding? A community is being made fun of. Nobody has said anything or cares about these scummy people, just that they happened to be here in public taking care of business. I could care less about them, but I do care about the reputation of this community.
Friends and family do not always know the size of this huge place. Some people envision a small senior citizen neighborhood called The Villages. When they hear things like this happening, they see it a whole different way. Very often they think we are small enough to know everyone.....like a small town.
What do you mean....NO ONE GOT HURT????? Think again....if you live here....YOU DID!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Sage

The " News " is a featured Head-Line this evening on the Drudge Report web-site which is viewed by millions of folks each day so ...................... hang-on . It`s going to get "bumpy " for a while once again .
Old 10-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Nuff said????? Are you kidding? A community is being made fun of. Nobody has said anything or cares about these scummy people, just that they happened to be here in public taking care of business. I could care less about them, but I do care about the reputation of this community.
Friends and family do not always know the size of this huge place. Some people envision a small senior citizen neighborhood called The Villages. When they hear things like this happening, they see it a whole different way. Very often they think we are small enough to know everyone.....like a small town.
What do you mean....NO ONE GOT HURT????? Think again....if you live here....YOU DID!!!
Very well said!!!! Thankyou
Old 10-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Sage
Another Couple Arrested For Public Sex At Florida Retirement Village

The Huffington Post also picked up the story with the same graphic description and the same photos of the couple.

Another bad aspect of this story going viral is that many more people are made aware that people of all ages can move to The Villages.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
So true! They aren't even REAL Villagers. Scum of the earth that now everyone on the outside think they represent us....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.