Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Most of the time these unknown "some people" have no idea what they are talking about!
Could be but I find it very odd that they built a town square on the very edge of The Villages. It's three miles from Spanish Springs Town Square to Market Square in LSL. It's about eight miles from LSL to Brownwood. If 44 is to be the southern most point of TV, would it have made more sense to build a town square that is more accessible to all of the people from LSL to 44?

That and the fact that none of the signage has the words The Villages on it makes me wonder if what these people are saying might be true.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Could be but I find it very odd that they built a town square on the very edge of The Villages. It's three miles from Spanish Springs Town Square to Market Square in LSL. It's about eight miles from LSL to Brownwood. If 44 is to be the southern most point of TV, would it have made more sense to build a town square that is more accessible to all of the people from LSL to 44?

That and the fact that none of the signage has the words The Villages on it makes me wonder if what these people are saying might be true.

Doc - isn't SS located in a similar manner on the edge. And 441 is much busier than 44.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Gold member

hmm, let's see, the signs direct you to Brownwood which just happens to be next to the site that is supposed to house 500,000 sq ft of shopping, the Antrim dells mall......nope sounds about right to me.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Red face

It was my belief that once I bought my house in The Villages that no others would be allowed?
Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Sage

Quote:

IIRC, Brownwood is a joint project of TV and Wildwood and there is some type of revenue sharing with the city. That may explain the absence of The Villages on some signs.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Sage

The turnpike is on the way to Disney. When I was forty, with a minivan load of kids heading to Disney, I would have been curious enough to stop. It certainly would have planted some seeds.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Doc - isn't SS located in a similar manner on the edge. And 441 is much busier than 44.
Oh darn, there goes his theory........................
Old 04-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
True, but SS was at the center of The Villages when it was built. I don't know if they had planned on expanding past 466 at that point. If you look at a map of The Villages north of 466 you'll see that SS Tow Square is fairly centrally located. Especially on a north west to south east line.

SS Town Square is accessible to the area near Lopez and everything in between. There is a lot of The Villages to the north west of Town Square.

Maybe the developer is planning on expanding south of 44.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

If the business's in our town squares only had Villagers for customers they wouldn't last long.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
....Brownwood is a joint project of TV and Wildwood and there is some type of revenue sharing with the city.
Since Brownwood is in Wildwood, I would think it had to be a joint project with some revenues flowing to the city.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynitsche View Post
It was my belief that once I bought my house in The Villages that no others would be allowed?
Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
True, but SS was at the center of The Villages when it was built. I don't know if they had planned on expanding past 466 at that point. If you look at a map of The Villages north of 466 you'll see that SS Tow Square is fairly centrally located. Especially on a north west to south east line.

SS Town Square is accessible to the area near Lopez and everything in between. There is a lot of The Villages to the north west of Town Square.

Maybe the developer is planning on expanding south of 44.
I think here is how it works. Spanish Springs is sorta at the top.

Lake Sumter Landing is sorta in the middle.

And Brownwood is in the south and at the bottom. They are all fine where they are.

I can't see why their location is a matter of concern. They all seem to be in areas where we can take a nice ride and get to them. Some are closer to us than others.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

For all the rude comments about Brownwood in multiple threads, we haven't had anyone be arrested for "dancing the dance of love" on our stage. I haven't seen seat saving problems. In fact, generally speaking, people move over and make room for late arrivers. Drug arrests? Nope that was another square. We have fantastic restaurants around the square. I love my little Brownwood.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
For all the rude comments about Brownwood in multiple threads, we haven't had anyone be arrested for "dancing the dance of love" on our stage. I haven't seen seat saving problems. In fact, generally speaking, people move over and make room for late arrivers. Drug arrests? Nope that was another square. We have fantastic restaurants around the square. I love my little Brownwood.
So do I, VJ.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
excuse me but all the squares are part of TV so everything that goes on at any square is also yours. I don't really appreciate trying to disparage the events at squares further from you as if to say you're better than others, it will come back to haunt you when the additional shopping is built and Brownwood gets more crowded.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.