Brownwood Drug Bust

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Not defensive but rather helping those that are being misled. The 51 being referred to. Is that what was raided/caught or estimated number in Marion County. See note as it states their estimated number in the county in total.
Not talking about all Meth Labs in USA and never referred to that source. Only the statement from the Marion County Sheriff's Office. Since the person was not there how could there be ANY knowledge of the subject that was discussed? This is not a debate it is a statement of facts and points stated. Again, my points should be read and they are based on facts as what I was given. None are made up nor without a good source other than the assumption that it would not be unreasonable to assume some of the output from the Marion County meth labs would find their way to The Villages. (As a total diversion. I was on the Debate Teams in High School and College and never considered the Harvard Debate Team very good nor competitive to
Dartmouth.!)
If they believe there are 200, and they have only raided 51, then I estimate they have a lot of work to do.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Platinum member
Default My Stupid Questions

1-Is Meth the same as crack?

2-Do people really smoke skunk cabbage? Can you eat it too?

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
For a conservative community there is surprising support for the use of recreational marijuana. There are many posters who smoke weed here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The Marion County Sheriff held a 12 week education for the citizens. One session included the drug usage and YES they did say that Marion County had the most Meth Labs in the State of Florida and estimated them to be about 200.
I'm not a expert at all, but I think using meth and using recreational marijuana are two very different ballgames.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
1-Is Meth the same as crack?

2-Do people really smoke skunk cabbage? Can you eat it too?

1) I believe crack is a form of cocaine.
2) skunk cabbage should only be served as an ingredient of skunk soup. That way the aroma becomes the square of the two ingredients.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

crack as someone said is crystal coke. Meth is a smokable crystalline speed or amphetamine. Both highly addictive and very destructive.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think the inmates proved that!

I didn't need to be there, I had no doubt you accurately reported what was said. I think we're comparing apples and oranges. They published that the seized 51 meth labs in 2014, the speaker was ESTIMATING about 200. Since I doubt they found all of them (If they had there would be nothing for the "barmaid" to sell), there are likely many more. Is it 200? Is it 52? Is it 5,000? Who knows, that's the nature of an estimate. Is the local Sheriff more likely to make a good estimate than you, I, or the DEA?--probably.
Will the sellers gravitate to an area with buyers?--of course.

Looks like the debate is a draw/non-issue, let's have a beer
Uh, not quite, Doc. You challenged the OP's stated 200 estimate of EXISTING meth labs with 51 meth lab SEIZURES. You lose. Now, be gracious and congratulate the winner.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

sigh

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-11-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think the inmates proved that!

I didn't need to be there, I had no doubt you accurately reported what was said. I think we're comparing apples and oranges. They published that the seized 51 meth labs in 2014, the speaker was ESTIMATING about 200. Since I doubt they found all of them (If they had there would be nothing for the "barmaid" to sell), there are likely many more. Is it 200? Is it 52? Is it 5,000? Who knows, that's the nature of an estimate. Is the local Sheriff more likely to make a good estimate than you, I, or the DEA?--probably.
Will the sellers gravitate to an area with buyers?--of course.

Looks like the debate is a draw/non-issue, let's have a beer
Now, Do you know where meth first started?
Old 10-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Uh, not quite, Doc. You challenged the OP's stated 200 estimate of EXISTING meth labs with 51 meth lab SEIZURES. You lose. Now, be gracious and congratulate the winner.
Actually, I challenged the statement that there were 200 meth labs in Marion County, the OP did not mention seizures vs existing. But, if it makes you happy, I concede the debate, but only because I didn't go to Dartmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Now, Do you know where meth first started?
Germany, 1887. But did not get used much until both the US and Japan gave it to combat soldiers. During Vietnam, our soldiers used more meth than the entire world did 20 years earlier
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, bar, police, meth, amphetamine, working, selling, read, cover, las, apologize, missed, drug, bust, handcuffs, tapas, restaurant, female, bartender

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.