» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Brownwood - Wildwood
Old 08-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Sage

Default Brownwood - Wildwood

I was talking with a fellow Villager yesterday at Mallory Hill CC. He told me he had been talking to several construction workers near Brownwood and all of them were from Wildwood. They said that they would be frequenting the bars at Brownwood once it was completed since the bars outside The Villages cannot compete with the drink prices of The Villages and just as close as Wildwood - technically it is Wildwood.

Not that I am disparaging construction workers or Wildwood in general, but I wonder about having Brownwood built within Wildwood. Will it be bringing too many outsiders in to the nightly entertainment so residents will have a hard time finding seats in the stadium seating or a much more local clientle than we find at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Gold member

I don't think having "outsiders" is a bad thing.....after all the businesses there want to stay solvent....I don't think the
"outsiders" will hurt Brownwood at all......let them spend their money there!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I don't think having "outsiders" is a bad thing.....after all the businesses there want to stay solvent....I don't think the
I agree.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I was talking with a fellow Villager yesterday at Mallory Hill CC. He told me he had been talking to several construction workers near Brownwood and all of them were from Wildwood. They said that they would be frequenting the bars at Brownwood once it was completed since the bars outside The Villages cannot compete with the drink prices of The Villages and just as close as Wildwood - technically it is Wildwood.

Not that I am disparaging construction workers or Wildwood in general, but I wonder about having Brownwood built within Wildwood. Will it be bringing too many outsiders in to the nightly entertainment so residents will have a hard time finding seats in the stadium seating or a much more local clientle than we find at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?
And what do you propose doing to eliminate having those "outsiders" coming into Brownwood.
This should not even be discussed!
Sponsored Links
I agree!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Platinum member

Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I agree!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

Smile

Quote:

The "outsiders" have been using TV retail shops/restuarants/bars/hospitals/ etc; for many,many years. Not to worry....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:

You are a great guy, but I think you worry too much about this issue. Once all is said and done, I betcha it is gonna be fine.

Not everyone likes to hang out with geezers.

All around us are areas of poverty. We are bringing business and jobs by our being here and over time the areas around us should improve as the number of employed increases.

Is this political?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thought we'd gotten over this wildwood discussion. This really burns me. Wildwood residents can build your homes (quite well i might add), clean them, mow your lawns, and probably wipe your butt when you hit the nursing home, but don,t let them spend their money in "your bars". Give me a break!!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are a great guy, but I think you worry too much about this issue. Once all is said and done, I betcha it is gonna be fine.

Not everyone likes to hang out with geezers.

All around us are areas of poverty. We are bringing business and jobs by our being here and over time the areas around us should improve as the number of employed increases.

Is this political?
Only when you start giving us the party line on how to eliminate poverty~
Old 08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Only when you start giving us the party line on how to eliminate poverty~

That'll never happen. I appreciate the fact that good happens around us for the folks who lived here before us.