Brownwood - Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I was talking with a fellow Villager yesterday at Mallory Hill CC. He told me he had been talking to several construction workers near Brownwood and all of them were from Wildwood. They said that they would be frequenting the bars at Brownwood once it was completed since the bars outside The Villages cannot compete with the drink prices of The Villages and just as close as Wildwood - technically it is Wildwood.

Not that I am disparaging construction workers or Wildwood in general, but I wonder about having Brownwood built within Wildwood. Will it be bringing too many outsiders in to the nightly entertainment so residents will have a hard time finding seats in the stadium seating or a much more local clientle than we find at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?
i'm wondering how one tells the residents from the locals at ss or lsl to begin with. i thought it was a pretty consistent feeling around here that residents pretty much became enamoured with the squares after a few months of living in the villages and found other stuff to do - no? if that is so, who is filling up the squares in the evening?

Old 08-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Sage

I think I sense the Martha's Vineyard mentality here. Don't let any more outsiders in. Keep this island private for us. But the "outsiders" money helps keep the businesses going in The Villages, just like the tourists in Martha's Vineyard, especially when the snowbirds are away.

Last edited by jblum315; 08-18-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I did not say anything about not letting people from Wildwood use our public restaurants and bars or entertainment at the squares. I am only wondering if Brownwood will become "Wildwood East" (if I have my direction right) instead of a place that Villagers will cluster. Just wondering, that's all - not disparaging anyone.
???
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Sage

I don't think that Villagers get tired of going to the town squares. I have lived here about 3 years and go either to Lake Sumter Landing or Spanish Springs (both same distance in my golf cart) a couple of times a week.

Love going to Rocky & The Rollers!

It will be interesting to see how Brownwood works out. I wish it much success and know it will be a welcome addition to the area. I am not going to secondguess anything the Developer does. He is a genius.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Sage

Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
i'm wondering how one tells the residents from the locals at ss or lsl to begin with. i thought it was a pretty consistent feeling around here that residents pretty much became enamoured with the squares after a few months of living in the villages and found other stuff to do - no? if that is so, who is filling up the squares in the evening?
how about we start with age!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Veteran member

Outsider's money helps to keep the businesses solvent and the drink prices low. If the businesses aren't making money they either leave or raise their prices
Old 08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Gracie, nice post, I agree too. I think were we ALL outsiders before we relocated here.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Sage

Suppose we should change the name of Spanish Springs to Lady Lake West.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Default brownwood wildwood

I agree with Gracie
Old 08-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
"Outsiders" have been the life blood of Spanish Springs and LSL, and the movie theatres. So have Snowbirds. Without these two groups, it would be a struggle for businesses and restaurants to remain profitable.
i live here and i am sometimes a snowbird, sometimes a fallbird, sometimes a springbird, so i guess i am like the outsiders, supporting the squares sometimes.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
i live here and i am sometimes a snowbird, sometimes a fallbird, sometimes a springbird, so i guess i am like the outsiders, supporting the squares sometimes.
We are glad to have you all times!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And what do you propose doing to eliminate having those "outsiders" coming into Brownwood.
This should not even be discussed!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
how about we start with age!!!
nah - too many other retirement communities have residents who enjoy our squares. some even know how to get there in their golf carts using our golf cart paths!

i often think the shopping centers should have all handicapped parking spots EXCEPT for designated parking for non-handicapped!

Old 08-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
We are glad to have you all times!
thanks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.